Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
The settings to use are related to the games you play, i can't tell you if the compatibility settings are correct as i don't have that game, but i usually play everything set to 1-2-2,

as for shaders, i prefer the Median filtering shader as it removes jagged edges without blurring the entire scene heavily.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Thanks Squall. Is this "Pseudo Median" shader the one you are referring to? I have noticed some blurring during cut scenes...

Renee Cousins' "Pseudo Median" shader (2 KByte Zip-File)

- vertex/fragment program from Renee Cousins to improve the display of the OGL2/XGL2 plugins

I hope this is the correct forum, and I apologize if i'm wrong, and if there is a proper thread, please give me the link... However, whenever I do FULLSCREEN mode, after a while, (specifically with Metal Gear Solid and Legend of Legaia) the fullscreen cuts off, and i'm left with like a third of the window.. Everything runs smoothly enough, so I don't think i'm configured wrong. I even checked the ratio of my laptop, and properly set it to that ratio. I don't know if this will help, but here are my settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics
OGL version: 2.1.8664

Resolution/Color:
- 1366x768 Window mode
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: on [00000080]

Framebuffer is setting 2, thats the setting you want to use. apart from that theres nothing in your config which could cause it.

though you could try launching epsxe with elevated priviledges and seeing if that helps.

try the latest pcsx-r as well

Framebuffer is setting 2, thats the setting you want to use. apart from that theres nothing in your config which could cause it.

though you could try launching epsxe with elevated priviledges and seeing if that helps.

try the latest pcsx-r as well

It actually happens with ALL my games. I never played them long enough to realize that. So i'm assuming it could be due to something with a screensaver, or whatnot. The fact i'm playing with the iso files, and not the cd's could be a problem too, maybe? I don't know. But I just short cut it, and set my window size resolution to the fullscreen one. The bottom tray is there, but aside from that, it never cuts off. Thanks though. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the continued help Squall-Leonhart! I can't seem to find this Use Windows Size in Fullscreen mode option. Is it under config -> video? I've checked both petes and soft video. Also, I'm curious as to what No render-to-texture is. From what I can find, its something ATI specific. Is that why I should have it off, because I'm using an Nvidia card?

I'm having a somewhat similar problem like the original post. Whenever I alt+enter to fullscreen on epsxe, the taskbar instantly appears at the bottom, and further, it's like it deselects the emu. So I have to click it, which causes it to go back to the windowed size. unrelated to ePSXe posts, but ZSNES has started doing the same thing. Both worked fine before.

Is there anyway I can see what is imposing itself and forcing me to deselect off the emu's as soon as they try to go fullscreen?

As an aside, if I set either of these emu's to start in fullscreen, the screen goes black, then shows the desktop. Cannot get the emu to appear *at all*, but can hear the music of the game starting up and running. At this point, I have to use the task manager to shut them down...right clicking their icon on the taskbar and closing window makes it disappear, but music keeps going.

Any ideas? :/

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.