ePSXe 2.0.5 Black Screen on Win 10 (HELP!!)

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by martyyyn, Jun 26, 2016.

1. martyyyn

martyyyn New Member

Hi.
    Can i ask i downloaded today a latest version of ePSXe on my PC (i do not have ever ePSXe on my PC), and i config the ePSXe an wanted to start a game. I started the game and it stay on Black Screen, i waited a 3 minutes and the ePSXe crashed!
    So i was sreaching on Youtube how to fix this an everithing was on Win 8/7/XP and i was reading the comments and under every video somebody comment "Not working on Win10 ! :(" so i wanted here on this forum if it is fixable on Win10 ? If not will it be fix in new version on ePSXe ?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

need more information.. what Video card?? for example...or using real cd's or cue/bin(iso)
    if you DL epsxe 2.0.5, select petes ogl 2.0 (the direct x ones can be a it buggy cause win 10's dx 8 version is crap), use the espxe internal sound.. it should at least display something. it is pretty easy to setup... using a real PSX bios helps compatibility (And they are plentiful to find for DL via google)

it is hard to know exactly what caused it though without a lot more information about your setup. epsxe is fully compatible with win 10 (32 and 64 bit)... latest dropped XP support though
  4. gogetasuperx

gogetasuperx New Member

I have the same problem, i tried many games, and not a single game starts...

gtx650

example1: MDS+MDF
    example2: CUE+BIN
    all games tested on other emulator and they work

multiple plugins and bios tested, nothing works
    Directx updatex, net updated, c++ updated, Drivers updated
  5. WindyRain0212

WindyRain0212 New Member

Same problem here.
    Version: ePSXe 2.0.5
    GPU: NVidia GTX 750 TI & Intel GT 4600 IGFX
    BIOS: using original NTSC BIOS image

No matter what I try to boot (image or BIOS), the windows pops up, stays black and the "epsxe.exe has crashed" message comes up.

ePSXe 1.9.0 worked and works fine though.
    Also I found out that copying 1.9.0's video plugins into the 2.0.5 plugin folder and using them stops it from crashing.
    Though it will just loop the bootup infinitely and make ePSXe unresponsive, so that ain't helping..
    Rodney Fisk likes this.
  6. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Same here. The new 2.0.5 doesn't want to work. Black screen and then crashes with "ePSXe.exe has crashed" message. Never had a problem with any versions before.

Windows 10 Pro x64
    GPU: 2x980SLI
  7. orphen78

orphen78 New Member

I have the same problem.
    All driver updated.
    GTX1080
    windows10
    I thinks a real bug exist
    For information a find this but no tested:
    1.) click start button (search bar in 10)
    2.) type regedit.exe > enter
    3.) navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\epsxe
    4.) delete this key (no reboot required, on either OS)
    5.) launch epsxe.exe 2.0.5

Tell me if its work
  8. dpence

dpence New Member

hmmm wonder if it is an nvidia thing, you all have nvidia..... I am on win 10 x64 and have a radeon R7 265 and no crash at all
  9. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Maybe it is. Hopefully there's a fix as this can't be something we are doing wrong. Forgot to say i'm using a dual monitor setup if that makes any difference but you never know. Other people with the crashing issue any chance you're using a dual monitor setup as well?
  10. Rodney Fisk

Rodney Fisk New Member

Don't think it's an nVidia problem. I have an ATI Radeon 6770 and it does the same for me.

I've tried every combination of drivers available. I've tried with no sound, software rendering, D3D, OpenGL, everything.

AMD Phenom 910 quad core, 8GB RAM. My system easily handles games on v2.0.0 and below, with Pete's OpenGL with all settings maxed out. I don't see a log. Show me how to generate one and I'll post it.
  11. gogetasuperx

gogetasuperx New Member

GTX 750TI , 2x 980 SLI , GTX1080? wow... why would you play PS1 games with those :D ... i can just imagine the possibilities all new games 60 fps... oh the dream

i do have Dual monitor tho, more like 1,5 since 2nd monitor is 4:3 trash can
  12. dpence

dpence New Member

ok, everyone having the issue, list your CPU (Brand) and Video... gotta be related to one or the other...
    runs perfectly fine for me on win 10 x64, i5 2400, R7 265, 16gb ram...
    the only real change I se from 2.0.2 top 2.0.5 is the gpu threading option...maybe that is reacting bad on amd cpus?
  13. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

Heck my atom z3735f tablet Windows 10 runs epsxe fine and it has been fine sin the 1.9 range into all of the 2.0.X updates
  14. gogetasuperx

gogetasuperx New Member

AMD Athlon 2 x4 640 here
    so, WindyRain0212 and sportyfox also AMD?
  15. shinra358

shinra358 Member

If anybody just installed win10, make sure all your runtimes are installed. usually updating makes you have to do so so all the runtime files can get registered again.
  16. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

You mean Microsoft Visual C++ stuff?
  17. shinra358

shinra358 Member

yep, that too.
  18. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

What else besides Visual C?
  19. Rodney Fisk

Rodney Fisk New Member

I'll try that and report back today
  20. Rodney Fisk

Rodney Fisk New Member

Can't find the message about dual monitors, so as to reply. I DO have dual monitors.
  21. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

message #8. I was asking about it. Could be related. Not sure.