ePSXe 2.0.5 Black Screen on Win 10 (HELP!!)

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by martyyyn, Jun 26, 2016.

1. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

2. GarinaLRayne

GarinaLRayne New Member

Also having no luck. Running Windows 10, with Intel HD Graphics card. I've tried every graphics plugin I can find and no joy. :( The only weird thing I noticed was that somehow on the runtime info, the installed version of DirectX is 12, but the hardware supported version is 11.1. I have no idea how to do anything about this. I just want to play Suikoden :(
  3. Rodney Fisk

Rodney Fisk New Member

Okay. 2.0.5 runs if I run the compatibility troubleshooter. Stupid Windows won't give me any information - at all - about what is incompatible. But, it does run fine once you run the troubleshooter.
  4. Rodney Fisk

Rodney Fisk New Member

I deleted it and re-installed. I set the compatibility, manually, for Windows 8. It works fine. I don't have any idea what the difference is, but that works for me.

Specs again:
    ---------------
    AMD Phenom 910 quad-core
    8GB RAM
    Radeon 6770 PCIe card
    Dual Monitors
    Windows 10 x64
    Dual 1TB drives in RAID

No type of speed boosting programs, or anything like that. Just bare Windows.
  5. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

Odd since my tablet with the atom z3735f uses intel graphics 11.1 support and all it is a baytrail (just lower clocked and cut down from laptop and desktop variants)

I run a lot of older games so I did install direct x 9-11 from microsoft's download center also c++ and dotnet as well, but I do that with every computer and windows os I get.
  6. carlosedt

carlosedt New Member

Its crashing on my end too

Specs:
    Windows 10 x64
    i7-3770k
    GTX 970
    16GB RAM
  7. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Wonder what's causing this!?
  8. dpence

dpence New Member

could be anything... missing update, some kind of conflict...has anyone checked the error log (Ctrl panel, administration, event viewer) to see if it contained more specifics?
  9. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

No specific message. Just ePSXe.exe error. If I go back to 2.0.2-1 it works just fine like it always has.
  10. dpence

dpence New Member

fromthe change log, my guess is it is one of these changes since the others I don't think would affect anything :

- Updated the x86 recompiler to use the same recompiler than in the rest of versions (Android, Linux x64, Mac ...). Now it should be easier to fix problems in all versions.
    - Ported the local netplay from Android (Experimental). This version is compatible using local netplay with the rest of ePSXe versions from the version 2.0.5 (MacOSX, Linux x86, Linux x64 and Android - version 2.0.6). (Additional info the epsxe docs)
    - Ported the GPUCORE threading mode from the Android version. The PC CPUs are faster than Android CPUs, so it will improve less FPS. (This option is better when the CPU is slower).
    - Added new threading modes to the Pete OpenGL2 Core Plugin. It includes a basic 2-thread mode, and 2 extra modes adding soft/hardware effects. (It could improve some effects, for example the burning photo on the start of Castlevania)
  11. dpence

dpence New Member

did anyone do the enable logs, then try to run a game, see if the log says anything?
  12. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Also if this helps but I dual boot. So on Windows 7 this new 2.0.5 works just fine too. So I don't know...
  13. dpence

dpence New Member

really weird...maybe win 10's DEP is catching it...
  14. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

To make it more confusing, 2.0.5 works perfectly fine on my laptop with W10 on it:)
  15. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Tried adding ePSXe.exe to the DEP list but it says this program(ePSXe) cant let you do that or something like that. Hope someone finds a solution.
  16. dpence

dpence New Member

OK.. what SPU are people using??... while working on another issue ( The guy that has fps issues when using petes spu 1.9) I tried pete's and bam... epsxe crashed......tried 2.0.2 and it worked fine... got me thinking it could be a plugin issue
  17. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Don't think that's the issue here. Although I tried Pete's SPU on my laptop, which works fine, crashed with it.

I'm using the built in ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0. Works on my laptop.
  18. dpence

dpence New Member

oh well, it was a thought anyways..lol
  19. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Thanks for trying to help. This could be hardware related issue meaning some GPU's are not being compatible or something with the new code. Or maybe simply a bug that will be fixed in the next update. Same thing happened for people having crashes with 2.0.2(I never experienced any crashes) and 2.0.2-1 came out fairly quickly. All versions I used in the past worked perfectly with the same hardware I have, except this new 2.0.5 :(
  20. dpence

dpence New Member

aha another thought after the guy was asking about libraries... I upgraded win 10 over win 7 so I kept all the installed files and stuff... are those with a crash fresh/new installs and not upgrades??? maybe all the VCredist stuff isn't there... x86 versions...since epsxe is a 32 bit program it needs the 32 bit runtimes...go back to at least 2010 releases...to cover all the possible ones
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  21. carlosedt

carlosedt New Member