ePSXe 2.0.5 Black Screen on Win 10 (HELP!!)

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by martyyyn, Jun 26, 2016.

1. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

2. carlosedt

carlosedt New Member

Sure, i have these:

[​IMG]
  3. GarinaLRayne

GarinaLRayne New Member

OK, when I tried to do the manual troubleshooter (before I started posting for help ^^) it didn't work. But now, after letting it do it by itself, it set the compatibility to XP and made it run as administrator (which I thought I'd set it to do anyway :mad: )... but it works now. Go figure. Hey, at least it's working xD
  4. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Thanks.
  5. Woodhouse204

Woodhouse204 New Member

[​IMG]
    Same problems here:

i5 6600k
    Nvidia 660ti
    Win 10 64
    Dual monitors

Ive been trying previous versions but having the same issue...
  6. carlosedt

carlosedt New Member

Do you guys know how to play online on 2.0.5? i have no idea :/
  7. dpence

dpence New Member

a definitive answer...MAYBE..lol
    ok, updated my old dell laptop to win 10.. downloaded epsxe... started it up and bam, crashed as soon as I tried to run a game... tried various vcred..no go... ohh chance I checked options, CPU and ...nothing was checked.. I thought thats not right, x1 has to be checked or the cpu emu would crash... checked it and bam, no crash, ran (Untll it crashed cause the old nvidia on board lacks enough ram..lol)... SO make sure cpu x1 is checked in the overclock section
    Mizagorn, Sitiran, cloudbill and 2 others like this.
  8. sportyfox

sportyfox New Member

Thanks for trying dpence. Will check this out tomorrow. Hopefully that's the reason. By the way, it's misspelled in the options, "overcloking" :)

UPDATE: yup that was it dpence! Not sure why x1 wasn't selected by default though. It always has in the past. Anyway, thanks for finding the solution. At least for me:D
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  9. chipzoller

chipzoller New Member

None of these suggestions helped, unfortunately. The only thing that worked was reverting to 2.0.2-1.
  10. Sarabu

Sarabu New Member

This worked for me too. The fps display would eventually show up with 0fps so it's like before this it was running, but very, very slowly. This fixed it right up!
  11. TwentyPeeps

TwentyPeeps New Member

Hi, I was looking for a solution, nothing here seemed to work so I started messing with the settings and for me personally I have found the solution that fixes the black screen crash, still takes a moment to load but now works.

Open ePSXe go to Options > CPU Overclocking > and click x1, nothing is checked off for me by default, once it was checked off, games load no problem.

Side note: I did delete the registry after and tried to run my games again and the crash reappeared, and is fixed a second time after clicking x1 in CPU Overclock. Hopefully this helps.

Also I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, i7, GTX 980 for anyone curious.
  12. Woodhouse204

Woodhouse204 New Member

Same here Im afraid, also this may be obvious as to why its happening, but when Im trying out older versions, the different versions are knowing where I store my iso's, so are there shared settings between versions?
    This happens even when I delete the up to date versions that I had been using, could this be related to why Im still having issues? Because some of my settings are shared, even on different versions?
    Apologies if this is obvious.
  13. Tricuna

Tricuna New Member

Hi people, fairly new on here but i think i solved it.

i installed both x86 x64 of c++ redist.
    that didnt work for me, however when looking through the new options for CPU overclocking in epsxe, i realised none of the options were selected, i selected x1 closed and tried again. now it seems to be working pefect for me.

let me know if that works for you people.
  14. chipzoller

chipzoller New Member

Although it appeared in the GUI that the x1 had been checked, it was still causing ePSXe to crash. I set it to x1.5 and back to x1 and now it seems to work. Strange...
  15. Michael369

Michael369 New Member

Thanks for the fix guys. I made an account just to come on here and say I was also crashing with Windows 8.1 using 2.05. I have an nVidia 970m and an i7 6820HK. Setting the CPU option to x1 fixed the black screen crash. Previous versions all worked fine.
    Michael
  16. MELERIX

MELERIX New Member

maybe you guys have some Windows system files corrupted.

so, open a CMD window "with admin rights" and use the following commands:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and then...

sfc /scannow
  17. heatgye

heatgye New Member

Downloaded the newest epsxe and I had the problem "epsxe has stopped working" on Win 10 and what fixed it was the cpu overcloking setting on the emu. Went to options>cpu overclocking and chose x1. Strange since I thought the wizard would do it itself but go figure.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  18. pppOp

pppOp Loneliness

Try this:

Open ePSXe 2.0.5
    Options > CPU Overclocking > Select x1
    Done.

This solved my "crash" problem. -Win10 x64 |FX6300 |R7 265
    All credits go to "gajgerro" from reddit.
    Have a nice day.
  19. dpence

dpence New Member

he probably got that from here cause I posted it weeks ago(july 3rd)...lol
  20. pppOp

pppOp Loneliness

Oh I didn't know, thank you.