ePSXe and Multiple monitors (GeForce MX440)

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by User Friendly, May 23, 2004.

1. User Friendly

User Friendly New Member

I' have a GeForce MX 440 and recently noticed i can plug in 2 monitors. I am trying to use this feature to play fullscreen games through ePSXe on the secondary monitor, while still having the other monitor with the usual stuff running.

As an idea this works perfectly fine. However as soon as i drag the ePSXe window onto the other monitor FPS falls from over 60 to less than 10 making the game unplayable. If i drag it bad to my primary monitor it works fine again.

What could be the cause of this?

My system:
    P4 2.4Ghz
    1 gig ram
    Win XP
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. UltimaWeaponUNH

UltimaWeaponUNH New Member

I am having the exact same problem as you. However Earlier in the year I did this successfully with Final Fantasy VII. Now it doesn't work either, and I have no clue what the problem is.

Edit: I have fixed the Problem. I was using Petes OpenGL 2.5, instead I tried using Petes OpenGL 1.75 and everything works fine. I think my new graphics drivers were conflicting with Petes 2.5
    Last edited: May 23, 2004
  4. User Friendly

User Friendly New Member

IM using Pete's D3D 1.74
    Tried using Pete's Open GL 1.74 but it crashes now :(

However i tried other plugins and the same thing happens....
  5. Mad

Mad AKA snkmad

What Detonators drivers u using??
  6. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

I've found that accelleration is all but disabled on the second display in multi-monitor mode, unless the game is specificaly told to use the secondary display.
  7. User Friendly

User Friendly New Member

I have the latest Nvidia drivers

Kane Sama: How do i specifically tell the game to use the secondary monitor?
  8. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

The game/app has to support it. You could try with the D3D plugin, as that normally lets you choose 'device'