ePSXe and the Razer Onza

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by darkdomino, May 10, 2012.

1. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting my Razer Onza to work with ePSXe. I've tried different profiles, and the config tool lets me set buttons and keys just fine... however when I get in-game, my buttons go spastic.... I just tried it now, and my directional pad was in reverse (despite me setting it exactly) and my right side buttons were all mixed up too.

Anyone with a Razer Onza know what's going on? what settings are you using in your gamepad config on ePSXe?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. TemplarLord

TemplarLord New Member

I've been watching that controller for a while now and was about to pull the trigger but figured I'd rather check if it's compatible with PS emulators. I'm planning on using both the PS1 and PS2 emulators and am glad I didn't bought the Razer Onza right then and there.

The only little bit of information I found regarding said controller is located here. KrossX provided the info, but oxysoft did not reply, which doesn't really tell if its compatible or not.

An alternative would be the Logitech Rumblepad F510 (it's only 10 bucks cheaper than the Onza). But I'm seeing mixed results on the Logitech being fully compatible with epsxe. Should I even bother with any of these gamepads or get something else entirely? Like a default PS3 gamepad?
  4. Gothiclez

Gothiclez New Member

I've been using my Razer Onza 100% fine with ePSXe. Never once had a single problem. Just plugged it into the comp and assigned the buttons... no other drivers or software required.
  5. TemplarLord

TemplarLord New Member

What OS do you use? I have Win7 x64.
  6. Gothiclez

Gothiclez New Member

7. TemplarLord

TemplarLord New Member

Thanks for your help Gothiclez, I'll be buying the Onza then. Will report if I have any issues.
  8. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

It should work fine unless you have some config mess of your own. The suggestion on that thread is so that a XInput plugin can be used instead of the built in DInput one.
  9. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

@TemplarLord: I dont have Razer Onza but I have XBOX 360 pad and PS1/PS2 gamepads with USB adapter;

If you are interested in PC gaming along with PSX emulation I suggest that you get XBOX 360 controller.
    Unfortunately direct input drivers for XBOX 360 gamepads suck (no vibration and triggers are one axis) but that can be fixed by using alternative drivers or, as KrossX pointed out by using his plugin along with ePSXe_shark.

If you are into retro gaming then I suggest that you get either PS1/PS2 pad with USB controller or PS3 pad and MotionJoy since D-PAD is way better on Sony controllers.
    The USB converter that I got was pretty cheap (25 Kn / 4$) and it works with Win 7 x64 and supports vibration.

The last thing is Onza should be cheaper but since it's Razer the stores in Croatia are raising prices so it's more expensive then the XBOX 360 controller.