ePSXe BIOs crash

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by MarWinter, Aug 1, 2007.

1. MarWinter

MarWinter New Member

When I try to run a game, or even try to run the bios (SCPH1001.BIN) the program just crashes. I don't get a blank screen or anything, the program just closes the second I press Run BIOS, it just crashes.

I'm using:
    Pete's D3D Driver 1.76
    Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7
    Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL Driver 1.9

I have 3.0 GHz and an ATI Radeon x1300 PRO.

An additional piece of information is my memcard folder is blank (don't know if that is important at all).

Thanks
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

What game(s) are you trying to play? For game configurations, check here (you probably should change all the plugins you're using). For troubleshooting, check this thread.
  4. MarWinter

MarWinter New Member

Well I'm trying Metal Gear Solid, but if I can't even do the task "Run BIOS" without crashes, how can I play a game without it crashes? I tried to switch the configurations, but it still crashes the second I press run. It won't even give it a chance to try.
  5. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

Ok, go to ATi and and get the newest drivers.

You want to use Pete's OGL 1.76, Eternal 1.41, and make an ISO to play off as according to this guide.

One more thing: are you sure your BIOS is really a BIOS?
  6. MarWinter

MarWinter New Member

Well I switched to PS7, like you had in that thread. It helped, I can play the game now. The problem was the crappy ePSXe I guess, because I can run it with PS7. Thanks.
  7. NewBoy

NewBoy New Member

Hello I use to run ePSXe in 98 and ME but now I am on pcLinuxos and love it, however I am relearning ePSXe in a whole new way it seems.

I have gotten as far as the video drivers but do not know what ones to get so I downloaded and put a few of them in the plugins directory. I know enough to know that I should not need the D3D drivers but other than that I am not sure. Are there GNU specific plugins that I need? I mean of course I have Petes OpenGL GPU plugin but I can not see anything listed in the video plugins in ePSXe it's self.

Oh and of coarse the last poster was way off. Hack3rs that like to game or gamers that like to hack but sitting down and playing is not the point so much.

Regards.

Solved for now per the ePSXe Linux FAQ
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  8. Ruk

Ruk New Member

I have this same problem. I try to run an .iso it crashes the second the video display screen pops up, same happens if I try to run bios.

Yes my bios are real I've had them and have been using them for a few years now.
    AMD Athlon 3800+ Dual core
    2Gb Ram
    Windows Xp Sp2
    Ati Radeon x1950pro

So far me and the thread creator both have an Ati x(####) card, but I'm pretty sure I already had this emulator working on this computer before.
    And yes I have read all threads, and bits of info I could find, I've restarted the computer, tried reinstalling epsxe, switched all plugins, and I am at a loss.

Any help is appreciated.
  9. NewBoy

NewBoy New Member

For me it was just that I had the Win32 plugins for my pcLos box. That sounds unrepairably dumb but I guess I did not know the depth of these plugins 'drivers". Though the .dll should be enough to clue in anyone.