ePSXe F1-F12 function keys? What do they do?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by RageDemon, Nov 27, 2005.

1. RageDemon

RageDemon New Member

Hello, ePSXe does not give very clear instructions on what the F1-F12 function keys do. Can somebody please help me out?

All I know are: F1 as save state, F2 toggling through five different save states, and F3 as load selected state. What about the others, F4 and beyond?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz <font color="#FFFF00">A Blast from the Past... Junior Contributor

F5 - Digital/Analog Control Modes.
    F7 - Fixes crashes in certain games.

F4, F6, F8, F9-F12 have no special features.
  4. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

hey, F4 has a purpose. from the ePSXe help file:

as for F6:

i dont quite know what that means though. perhaps toggling XA read in the ePSXe sound plugin?

and lastly, F8 is for taking screenshots.
  5. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz <font color="#FFFF00">A Blast from the Past... Junior Contributor

Haha, I haven used ePSXe for quite some time.
    Forgivable, isn't it? :p
  6. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

if you havent used ePSXe in a while and are thus, by self admittance, not a qualified authority, you shouldn't state your knowledge as fact and masquerade as an expert while in the process deceiving those who need help.

in other words, if you aren't sure, don't make it seem like you are. the words "i think.." can go a long way.
  7. RiddleBox

RiddleBox New Member

Here's the skivy

Ok this is very helpful so pay attention.

First off this may vary a little from plugin to plugin I am using petes d3d driver
    version 1.77

You can do alot with short cut keys from saves to tweaking your settings.

first while your in game press the [delete] key you will see your frame rate in pink yes pink; along with several other little letters blocks and numbers.

Next to fully barney mode this thing hit the [insert] key yeah a help box pretty nifty huh.

ok now look at that top bar you will see FL over a box FS over a box ect. you will notice next to one of these boxes is an arrow, this indicates what setting you have selected and the help box is refering to this selection. now to tweak settings you only need to know 4 more keys.
    [pageup] key [pagedown] key this is how you change what box you have selected to toggle or cycle thru the values use [home] key to go up a value and the [end] key to go down a value.

I have tweaked settings for a lot of games that are usually pains to get just right like this. One thing to note you can toggle off and on bithacks like this but only what you already have selected via the GUI setup.
    Note the help box will tell you a number value but the boxes do not they instead go from empty to full. Easiest way to know is make the box empty and that is 0 value and go up from there.
    Read the help box for what you have selected and you should be fine.

O and then the obviouse F1-F12 thing.

f1 save state
    f2 select state slot 1-5
    f3 load state
    f4 toggle on and off frame limit (good if you need to break free from serious lag)
    f5 displays the type of controller you have set and options with that controller

f6 shows if you have the analog switch pressed 3 settings
    I need to use this one to be able to use directional pad and analog at the same time how you use this option is press it once it shows the controller press it again it will say analog at the top and have a graphic of a button now press f5 to cycle thru the three settings , off, on(green),on(red).
    Red is the only one that works with my controller but see what works for you..

f7 streches the screen to full screen without changing res looks like crap but may be better with another plugin.

f8 takes screen shots

f9 does nothing as far as I know or can tell

F10 freezes my game but also unfreezes it so I can daduce its a toggle if it does something else for you cool.

f11 is useless

f12 is the last f key aside from stretching out your right pinky does nothing and probably wasnt worth mention.

Its nice to know you can find usefull things if you take the risk and systematicaly press every key you may find something helpfull oor delete all of the saves in your folder hmm I should check that folder.......

"kann et Ashken Lisckens"
  8. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

F5 Switches controller modes, for example Analog ON/OFF.
    F6 Switches controller for F5 usage.

F7 Switches to PEOpS Soft plugin by default. (only on ePSXe v1.7.0)

#EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the date of the post.