ePSXe fails to start, or crashes upon running a game

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Squall-Leonhart, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

You may not have the required run time files for ePSXe , and the plugins it uses.

You can get these from the following locations

How to obtain the Visual C++ 6.0 run-time components
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

If you have .Net 1.1 and 1.1 SP1 installed, then the MSVC 7 and 7.1 runtimes are already Installed.
    If you have .Net 2.0 or .Net 2.0 SP1 installed, then the MSVC 8 and 8.1 runtimes are already installed.(2005)

Not entirely sure but .net 3.5 may install the MSVC 9 runtimes. (2008)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. neongenesis731

neongenesis731 Final Fantasy Fanatic

hello i have installed the programs that i needed to try and fix it and it still does nothing but epsxe 1.6.0 was just running 2 days ago on my computer and then all of a sudden it quit loading iso images it also wont read the regular psx discs that i own either...?
  4. Squall-Leonhart

restart your computer.
  5. neongenesis731

is it possible that because i had the pec cheater for the psx i tried to remove it that
    when i did it messed up the epsxe??
  6. Squall-Leonhart

its possible if you did it wrong that the plugin may still be in the folder and cause psx to screw up due to a missing dependency.
  7. neongenesis731

ok will it work if i just delete everything and restart my computer and just start over and
    get a new epsxe?
  8. jonc2006

jonc2006 God of Douchebagness™

9. neongenesis731

i figured out what was wrong i had the netsock dll running on my netplay setting so i disabled the netplay and the games are loading just as good as before but thanks and i will read over that just incase..thanks again.
  10. 686bingo

686bingo New Member

Epsxe 1.7 was working before now it doesn't even load an iso or cd. I have all the required runtimes and correct emulator settings. I tried every method. I don't know what's the cause. (1)Video: Pete's OGL2 Driver 2.9 1280x1024 32-bit Full Screen, Internal X:2, Internal Y:2, Stretching mode:0, Render Mode:2, Texture Filtering:2, Hi-Res Texture:0, Gfx Card Ram:256, Checked Use pixel shader for PSX texture window emulation, Use FPS Limit, Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit, Off-screen drawing:2, Framebuffer effects:3, Framebuffer upload:1, Checked Screen Filtering, Checked Shader effect:1, Shader effect:4, Checked Scanlines:255, Checked Mdec Filter, Checked Special Game fixes:0x0001 fake low compatibility frameread(Fixes transitions for LoD) (2)Sound:epsxe spu core 1.7.0 (3)CD-Rom:epsxe cdr wnt/w2k core 1.7.0 (4)Bios: Scph1001 (5)Netplay disabled (6) Mem card present and gamepad configured. (7)Auto Load PPF checked (8)Auto detect Country
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  11. Squall-Leonhart

list your plugins, settings, and makesure the netplay plugin isn't selected.
  12. angstmadeflesh

angstmadeflesh noctis labyrinthus

honestly stupid

hi. I ain't quite sure if I'm allowed to ask this here but, what the heck. I'm having trouble running a japanese rom. first I received an error msg that sez something like "cdr read error" with a series of numbers. then when I restarted, upon selecting run CD-ROM in epxe, it doesn't do the trick and my screen resolution goes wild. I am using an US bios btw, does that make sense? does US bios support japanese imports or am I only to use roms from the US? if so, can I use a japanese bios instead?
  13. Squall-Leonhart

the US bios is fine, it will run any PSX game from any region.

Those numbers are sectors, and can mean either the wrong drive is selected, or the disk/image is damaged.
  14. angstmadeflesh

I just realized that I need to configure the right read mode settings under cdrom tab :heh:, although I gotta admit 'ts one heck of a tedious, un-guaranteed task but heck, I guess that's what we all are fated to deal with. thanks again squall, you've ever been helpful. :thumb:

can anybody teach me the right epxe configurations to run ISOs? 'cuz when I run CDroms in my epxe, they do fine, but when I run ISO the screen just goes black and only the controller icon emerges.oO what do I do?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  15. Squall-Leonhart

Just use SapuCDR if you are mounting the images.
  16. Mehness

Mehness New Member

I have a problem... I used to own a PS, so i have several games, and i'm trying to play FFIX, but even after i configure ePSXe, after i go to file>Run CDROM, the window goes black, while the cd is spinning, but doesn't move from there. Any advice?
  17. Squall-Leonhart

your drive probably doesn't support reading of PSX games.
  18. Mehness

Mehness New Member

Should i burn an ISO off it, then?
  19. Squall-Leonhart

no, CCD or MDF.
  20. angstmadeflesh

SapuCDR

do you happpen to have link where I can score a free SapuCDR?:heh: thanks again.
  21. DarkSamus

DarkSamus PC game modder Award Winner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.