epsxe gameshark codes

Discussion in 'ePSXe Archive' started by strifeseven, Dec 23, 2001.

1. strifeseven

strifeseven New Member

ok here's my problem. i've tried five different gameshark codes for five different games. The games I tried them for were Suikoden, FF8, FF9, Chrono Cross and Metal Gear Solid. Every single one of them didn't work. The games showed no signes of the codes ever being entered.
    Is their something I'm doing wrong?
    Does Epsxe's cheat option refer to something other than gameshark?
    Does Epsxe's cheat option only work for some games?

This sucks, because I keep dying on Metal Gear, I've beaten FF9 and Chrono Cross and I want invincibility on them, and on FF8 I want to see what happens if I kill the big spider robot on Squall's first SeeD mission.

Can you please help me out?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Taz

Taz New Member

4. sxamiga

sxamiga Guest

The problem you are having is due to the fact that the cheat section of ePSXe is for certain game specific patches that will allow a game to get past a certain point or points where it would otherwise hang and refuse to work. The cheat section is not for cheat codes like those used by Gameshark or Game Genie (Game Genie was never available for the PSX). To use Gameshark codes, head on over to www.emucheater.com There you will find a program, PEC by name, that will allow you to use Gameshark codes w/ePSXe. The author of PEC, JNS, has everything on his site to help you get up and running w/PEC in no time. Best of luck.
    sincerely,
    sx/amiga
  5. REi_FoX

REi_FoX ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡ Fantasy ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡

just download PEC..