ePSXe NetPlay (CyberPad + Kaillera) 1.9.0 / 1.8.0 / 1.7.0 / 1.6.0

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by jimartin, Feb 20, 2012.

1. jimartin

jimartin Member

ePSXe NetPlay (CyberPad + Kaillera) 1.9.0 / 1.8.0 / 1.7.0 / 1.6.0

If you experience any issues that are not related with the configuration provided (i.e. emulator crash/not starting), please do not spam the thread with questions about it instead you can PM me or first try to search the forum for common problem/issue.

######## UPDATE 03.03.2014 ########
    ### De-Sync / Freeze / Drop issue ###

For people that have followed the thread correctly and experience quick desync\game drop.
    If you are behind a router - this could be the bottle neck. Most of the cheap routers cant handle the traffic and number of packets that are produced by killera.

1) Please try using the old method Server - Client and connect to some of the Public Servers that are with low ping for both players.

2) Or you can try connecting with any commercial VPN software and then use your private IPs from the VPN (Tunngle, Hamachi etc)

Most important are the following 3 configurations to be same for both - client and host:

1) SPU plugin same as it is configured in the guide below
    2) Game pad configuration should be same type on both sides - Digital, Analog etc.
    - Digital is Recommended. Some games experience desync when using Analog/Dualshock.
    3) Memory cards - make sure you use same memory card.

######## UPDATE 01.02.2013 ########
    Kaillera P2P client lite UI edition. Specially for ePSXe - modified by me.
    Download: kailleraclient - ePSXe Lite edition

UI Preview:
    [​IMG]

##########################################
    # Emulator version
    # ePSXe v1.6.0 / v1.8.0 / v1.9.0
    # (For 1.7 next section)

Plugins
    GPU Plugin
    - Doesn't matter( I am using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 on max details and AA shaders).
    Make sure both Host and Client are using FPS limit:
    • NTSC - 60 FPS
    • PAL - 50 FPS
    Sound Plugin - Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50 ( first 3 checked):
    • Audio Device DirectSouond; Buffer Size - 64 (Tested with 32 and 40. I am using 64 all the time).
    • Audio Out method - SPUasync; Async Mode: Simple.
    • Reverb - Off- It works with other options.
    • All other disabled/off
    [​IMG]

Netplay plugin - Cyberpad 1.4 (Also tested with PS4NET v0.4- if you want to play with more than 2 players, you need to use this in combination with Kaillera Client(Not P2P)) - known issue is that it won't recognize game name (But who cares if it works ).
    Kaillera client - I am using P2P version v0.7(Really recommended for 2 Players). But works with the old client also.
    P2P link - http://p2p.kaillera.ru/kailleraclient.dll
    Kaillera Client link - http://code.google.com/p/p2pkaillera/downloads/list or just use the one that comes with Cyperbpad plugin.​
    BIOS
    SCPH1001.BIN - This is my primary. Also tested with SCPH101 and SCPH7502​

Memory cards
    You can use memory cards during online play - Just make sure both sides the host and the client have same memory card (you can send it to your buddy).
    GAMEPAD CONFIGURATION
    Configure PAD1 on both client and server side - Use same type (Digital is Recommended). Clear PAD2 configuration and disable multitap on both emulators.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(!!! Next section does not work in all games !!!!)
    Rumble in online play (For ePSXe 1.6.0):
    On the Host:
    1. Pad Type - Digital/Analog (F5)
    2. On game Pad1 Enable Rumble Type - DXJoy1. Big Motor - Constant. Small Motor - Sine.
    3. Make sure on Pad2 everything in the configuration is empty - use the Clear button. And the rumble config all are None.
    On The client:
    1. Pad Type - Digital/Analog (F5)
    2. Configure game Pad1 with your controller configuration. Rumble all - None.
    3. Clear button on Pad2 (only rumble should be configured).On game Pad2 Enable Rubmble Type - DXJoy2. Big Motor - Constant. Small Motor - Sine.​

Rumble in online play (For ePSXe 1.8.0 / 1.9.0):
    1) Both Players configure Port 1 > Pad1.

2) Both Players make sure that all other pads including those on multitap are cleared .

3) Both Players Configure Port 1 > Pad 1 [Dual Analog mode - SCPH-1200]. Do not configure anything in Port 2!

4) For Vibratoin:
    Player 1 (Host) on Port 1 > Pad 1 configure Rumble Type - DXJoy 1, Big Motor - Constant, Small Motor - Sine.
    Player 2 (Clinet) on Port 2 > Pad 1 configure Rumble Type - DXJoy 2, Big Motor - Constant, Small Motor - Sine.​
    # Emulator version
    # ePSXe v1.7.0

Plugins
    GPU Plugin
    - Doesn't matter (I am using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 on max details and AA shaders).
    Make sure both Host and Client are using FPS limit:
    • NTSC - 60 FPS
    • PAL - 50 FPS
    Sound Plugin - Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50:
    • Audio Device DirectSouond; Buffer Size - 64 (Tested with 32 and 40. I am using 64 all the time).
    • Audio Out method - SPUasync; Async Mode: Simple.
    • Reverb - Off- It works with other options.
    • All other disabled/off
    [​IMG]
    Netplay plugin - Cyberpad 1.4 (Also tested with PS4NET v0.4- if you want to play with more than 2 players, you need to use this in combination with Kaillera Client(Not P2P)) - known issue is that it won't recognize game name (But who cares if it works ).

Kaillera client - I am using P2P version v0.7(Really recommended for 2 Players). But works with the old client also.
    P2P link - http://p2p.kaillera.ru/kailleraclient.dll
    Kaillera Client link - http://code.google.com/p/p2pkaillera/downloads/list or just use the one that comes with Cyperbpad plugin.​
    BIOS
    SCPH1001.BIN - This is my primary. Also tested with SCPH101 and SCPH7502
    Memory cards
    You can use memory cards during online play - Just make sure both sides the host and the client have same memory card (you can send it to your buddy).​
    GAMEPAD CONFIGURATION (This is for ePSXe 1.7.0. The configuration above only works with games that support Multitap functionality. If you want to play games that does not support it you need to use ePSXe 1.6.0(With the same configuration for the emulator))
    • Port 1 - Enable Multitap (Configure only Pad1 on both sides- Client and Host. Make sure that Pad 2 have NO buttons/directions configured - Use clear button.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Port 2 - Disable Multitap.
    [​IMG]
    Notes for PAD configuration:
    • Note1: If you don't enable the multitap function on Port 1 the Host will not see Player 2 Move - And game will be de-synced.
    • Note2: If you are using GamePad Analog and/or vibration functionality Multitap Function disable this functions automatically once enabled. Doesn't matter what type of pad you have chosen.
    P.S1: The main Issue to get de-sync during online play is SPU Plugin (SPU ASync is needed) and Game pad config - Did a lot of testing never get de-sync using the plugin and the configuration that I have provide in the post. Always make sure that PAD2 have no buttons/directions configured and use same type on both sides - Digital recommended.
    P.S2: You're internet/network connectivity is one of the most important thing! Do not think that it will work with high ping or really laggy network! As far as I remember it is recommended under < 100ms.
    P.S3: I am using Hamachi VPN with my friends and P2P Kaillera it is really good combination.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. mistamontiel

mistamontiel ..!!

Thanks much for the info, I've been dying to see PS1 sync. And through countless tests years ago, it only worked when it wanted to. And ePSXe 1.7 is the only version that won't crash on me now. Questions:

Where could I find Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50, Cyberpad 1.4 and PS4NET v0.4 ? So, music does not lose sync ? You have tested retail, NOT rips, with a bud ?

The kailleraclient I prefer says n02 v0.5r1 (kaillera 0.9 compatible) Nov 1 2007. Yes, it has p2p. It's not too old is it ?

The only other kailleraclient I seen is some ownasaurus garbage. Spoofing your latency is moronic and plus it's pretty much super-smash-bros-64-made. Such a wimpy game, yet you see it 24/7
  4. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hello,

About Eternal SPU 1.50 - the home page is down. You can do some google search it should pop up some mirror links
    You can download Cyberpad 1.4 from the official site -http://cyberpad.duttke.de/
    For PS4NET - can't remember the link. But Cyberpad is enough.
    The kailleraclient that you have is fine. I use this one -http://p2p.kaillera.ru/

Regards
  5. arebokert

arebokert New Member

Hmm, i've tried the exact config you've written down, but i still can't get it to work. When me and my friend start Sled Storm which supports multitaps, it's like we are playing on two different consoles. My epsxe is totally unaware of his epsxe and it's the same the other way around. We might as well just start it without netplay. Why does it do that? You did not really make clear on wether we should disable controller 2, 3 and 4 on port 1, so i assumed that was the case. And i also tried with them not disabled, but not configured, but that did not work either.

Could you maybe zip your epsxe and upload it so i can try it?

Regards.
  6. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hi,

Could you please provide some screenshots for Sound and controller plugin from both emulatros ? So I can give you some guides.
  7. jimartin

jimartin Member

Also you can try using ePSXe 1.6.0 without multitap. Make sure that you are using SPU plugin with SPUAsync. Configure Pad 1 on both emulators and clear configuration on Pad 2.
  8. arebokert

arebokert New Member

http://photobucket.com/ePSXe

There are some screenshots of the settings that both me and my friend are using. We have made sure that they are identical. On port 1, pad 1 is configured and pad 2, 3 and 4 are disabled. Not only are they not configured, but they are set on disabled. I don't know if they are supposed to be disabled or just not configured at all and left at their original states. Multitap is enabled. On port 2, multitap is disabled and pad 1 is disabled.
  9. jimartin

jimartin Member

You are using PEOPS Sound plugin, use the one that I have mentioned in my first post (Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50). In some games I have issues with PeopS.
    Try to leave PAD2 on Port1 digital analog.
    Also as I can see from the screens you are tring to use analog this will work only for player 1, On the client (Player 2) if you want to use the analog stick configure da DPAD directions with the stick not withe DPAD (4 direction cross).

If you still experience the issue try old version of the emulator 1.6.0.
  10. arebokert

arebokert New Member

Thank you for your respons!
    I have tried using eternal before, but that did not work either. I will try doing what you just said when my friend comes back online. I'll give you feedback on how it works out later :)
  11. arebokert

arebokert New Member

The first fix did not work, i tried setting pad 2 on port 1 to digital, and changing my friends pad 1 on port 1 to digital.

Would it be possible for you to make a configuration in ePSXeCutor?

If you don't have any other solutions in store i guess i will try ePSXe 1.6.0, but i'll wait for your reply first.
  12. jimartin

jimartin Member

Tomorrow I will try to make some test for your game and provide the results and configuration.
  13. jimartin

jimartin Member

I did the test and the game and multilayer are working great with no issues.
    Here is the configuration for 1.7.0:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/album.php?albumid=274

If your trying with ePSXeCutor, try without it or as I said ePSXe 1.6.0 for me Sled Storm works on both emulator versions.
  14. jimartin

jimartin Member

First post is updated! Also with screenshots link.
  15. Kolyan

Kolyan New Member

Tell me please
    1) Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit or FPS limit 60 FPS is better to play in Tekken 3 NTSС USA online (ePSXe 1.6.0)?
    2) Can I use different GPU plugins for netplay (gpuPeopsSoft on host and gpuPeteD3D on client)?
    3) Can I use Eternal SPU plugin buffer size 128 for netplay?
    4) Can I use Eternal SPU plugin on host and no sound plugin on client?
  16. jimartin

jimartin Member

Please see my comments below your questions:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  17. Kolyan

Kolyan New Member

jimartin, thanks for the reply. No sound is a plugin that is used in one assembly for netplay (spuNull.dll). I would like to use it in order to reduce the load on a weak computer of my friend. I wanted to play with sound.

When I experimented with different settings and plug-ins on your computer and a laptop via P2P over LAN, I have never been able to get the desynchronization. But when I was playing with a friend this happened from time to time. At that time I have not read this manual and used the other SPU plugin (spuAndy).
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  18. jimartin

jimartin Member

I know spuNull. I think that if you have sound on the one computer and no sound on the other it will get desynced. As I said in my guide key points are Sound Plugin and Controller configuration. If you want I can do some test when I get free time and give you feed back.

It really depends of the game. Some game works with different sound plugins. Others can't get synced without spu-async. You have to test it.

Edit1: I was right. It depends of the game. Most of the games should work with this kind of configuration - One is using Eternal SPU plugin and the other Null Sound Plugin (Still if you use Eternal SPU plugin you should use SPU-async option).
    i.e. Crash Bash - When both playersare using Eternal SPU plugin you should use SPU async or it will get de-synced. But it still works and it is synchronous when One of the playes is with null sound, just the other one with the sound enabled should use Eternal SPU plugin - SPU-async option.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  19. loppi7788

loppi7788 New Member

jimartin, thanks for this great guide!
    My games work perfectly know. I only have problems with these 3 games: NBA in the Zone, Nba Shootout 97, International Superstar Soccer Pro(Goal Storm 97). I think I have tested all gamepad configurations. Do you know why that happens? Can you check if these games work for me?
  20. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hi loppi. I do not have these games. Give me some more info. Which emulator version, plugins configuration.

If I have the chance to get a copy of the games from a friend I will do the test by myself.
  21. loppi7788

loppi7788 New Member

Sorry, I was wrong, NBA in the Zone works, Goal Storm works on epsxe 1.6.0 and NBA Shootout doesn't matter, it's not one of my favourite games.
    I disabled pad2 on port1 for all games and they work except goal storm 97 and nba shootout 97. I have to try leaving pad2 digital and clearing the settings.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012