ePSXe NetPlay (CyberPad + Kaillera) 1.9.0 / 1.8.0 / 1.7.0 / 1.6.0

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by jimartin, Feb 20, 2012.

1. lapeiro

lapeiro New Member

even with Port 1 Pad 2 all cleared doesnt seem to work

I'll try with 1.6 then

thanks man 1.6 worked fine ( actually now we cant connect to each other xD )
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. ReidVx

ReidVx New Member

So,we tried what you said,but when i press F6,and try to change the pad 5 from standard to analog,it won't change at all,also,when we try,we get almost instant desynch.
  3. SK123

SK123 New Member

Hi, we are trying to get CTR (PAL version) to work. Tried both ePSXe 1.6.0 and 1.9.0 and each time it desynches. One time it did work until the character select screen but the other player couldn't press anything.

Plugins used are Cyberpad 1.4, Pete's D3D7, Eternal SPU 1.5.0 w/ SPUasync and the P2P lite client. The regular client didn't work either. Ping between players is 30ms, port is forwarded. I remember it worked well a few years ago with another player, any help please?

Also Mario Kart 64 works without desynching on PJ64 2.1, only some slight stuttering there...
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. jimartin

jimartin Member

Please check FPS limit settings for PAL you should set it 50 FPS.

Also try to use normal gamepad Not analog or dualshock.
  5. Prevch

Prevch New Member

Is it possible to use kai with single player games? Me and my buddy used to swap the controller back and forth each time we died. In other words, we took turns playing a single player game. He now lives several thousand miles away so we can't do that anymore, is there any way to use kai's functionality to replicate taking turns? How can both players, regardless of how far apart they are, both control player 1?
    Thanks!
  6. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hello Prevch,

Unfortunately it is not possible. The reason is that when you are from the client side your controller 1 is mapped to controller 2 this is the standard behavior of the emulator when net play is enabled. Maybe if the game support controlling the character from both 1st and 2nd controller it will work but I cant think of such a game at the moment.
  7. Prevch

Prevch New Member

Hmm, I wonder if there is some way to make a mod for the emulator or kaillera that allows someone to do this?
  8. Gaion

Gaion New Member

Hi,i am a newbie know about noting.
    I have tried using ePSXe v1.9.0 Windows but it not work at all.
    What should i do?
  9. jimartin

jimartin Member

10. Pagi

Pagi New Member

Hey,

I beg someone can help.

I have searched for hours and hours and years for a football game (ideally ISS 1/2 or Pro Evo 1-6 on PS1 or PS2 emulator) that allows online co-op vs the ai.

I know ISS Pro Evo 2 on epsxe can do this, as I played it online a few years ago, but I don't know what software I used before.

I have tried many different versions of ISS and espxe and kaillera server and others but nothing works.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  11. Pinkfloydd8

Pinkfloydd8 New Member

I could never made EPSXE online work properly.

I've already tried with many versions (1.5.0 - 1.9.0) and a lot of differents configs (D3D - OpenGL - etc), but I always get these messages in the log of the server:

[​IMG]
    PC#1 Client Timeout #0
    PC#2 Client Timeout #0
    PC#1 Client Timeout #0
    PC#2 Client Timeout #0
    PC#1 Client Timeout #0
    PC#2 Client Timeout #0

The games are unplayables with the freezes. I have tried with many friends and also using my main PC and the notebook, but is always the same.
    Is this a common error? Because I could never fix it.

Furthermore I don't know where is "the origin of the problem" with these specific "Client Timeouts", so I just keep trying with different things but I never know what I have to fix.
    It has something to do with the O.S, the Version of EPSXE, the Video config, the Bios, or what?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    I don't think it is the "connection" of the computers because we tried differents things already:
    Connecting through Hamachi on Lan with Kaillera Server (Official Version and Not).
    Connecting on Public Servers on Kaillera.
    Using CyperPad 1.3 , CyberPad 1.4, PSNet4, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is very frustating for me. I could play Nintendo and MAME games on multiplayer along these years but I never could make EPSXE work on online mode.

I have to say that all the games at least start good, but they keep freezing so it's impossible to play.
    The game we would really want to play is Crash Bash btw.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  12. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hello,

Are you behind router. If yes - you should enable port triggering when using Kaillera sever or you can switch to P2P vesrsion.

P.s It looks like an killera or network issue. Be advised that this is not killera support thread but I will try to assist .
    Pinkfloydd8 likes this.
  13. Pinkfloydd8

Pinkfloydd8 New Member

Yes, I'm behind a Router but it is already configurated with the ports and the DMZ host. Anyways I have to mention that we are connected on Hamachi with my notebook so I really don't need to set that.
    But If you want to see:

[​IMG]

(The port that Kaillera server uses is already enable by port forwarding) - (Port 27888)

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------

But the freezes continues.

[​IMG]
  14. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hi,

1) You are using port forwarding but not Triggering Port trigger (You need both: forward for server listener port; and triggering for clinet connections\communication ) is on which port you receive connection from client (in Kaillera it is 65536).

2) Still Hamachi may require port forward for itself if your router does not support UPNP port forwarding.

Suggestions
    1)Try to use some of the public server that have low ping for both of you.

2) My suggestion is to try P2P only with one player because port forward will be enough (the communication goes on the same port)

3) Use different VPN software (I personally use Tunngle with ePSXe it requires just one port to be redirected it can be checked in the system settings)
    Pinkfloydd8 likes this.
  15. Pinkfloydd8

Pinkfloydd8 New Member

Thanks
    Sorry for the wait.

Ok so I tried your suggestions by setting up the Port Fowarding and the Port Triggering:

(The port 65536 does not exist)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's ok, I saved this new config and I restarted the Router and Modem.

Then I also downloaded the P2P Kaillera from here:
    http://p2p.kaillera.ru/#
    And now I'm trying with Tunggle using its IP (both machines in the same room).

[​IMG]

The games start good and the "little freezes" are not anymore. Sometimes it seems that is all solved:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    But as we keep playing the game or try a new one
    At some point on the game always happens this new error and we get desynchronized:

[​IMG]

I know the images are from different games, sorry i didn't take the Screenshot of the first one. But when we were progressing in the 1st game, it crashed too.
    The same error.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  16. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hello,

port triggering is not correctly configured. I meant from 1024 (starting) to 64k (ending ) port, not just these 2.
    But I think this is not the issue here as you experience the problem with P2P also.
    Does any one have Firewall enabled. It looks like the packets are not passing just in one direction.

Did you try to use client-server to connect to some public server ?

if you wish I can spend some time testing with you. Write me a PM.
  17. Pinkfloydd8

Pinkfloydd8 New Member

I can't do "only one port triggering" that goes from 1024 to 64k because the router does not able me to do that. It simply does not let me to set a range of 63k of ports in 1 line.
    So, I did it like you see on the image; all the main ports that Kaillera uses are there.

My friend and I already disabled the firewall and also we are always executing the program by administrator.
    I sent you a PM giving you my Skype.

Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  18. Draykez

Draykez New Member

I would really appreciate your help. After multiple attempts to play Crash Bash and Crash Team Racing with 3 more of my friends, I have totally run out of ideas. I can get 2 player games going easily, but I have no luck with 4 players. I would really really REEEALLLYYY appreciate some help to setup Netplay for 4 player games. If you click here, you can see how me and my friends have setup our ePSXe emulators. Hopefully from seeing that, you can see anywhere that I may have gone wrong, or what I need to do to change in order to get 4 players Netplay working.

I have visited the Cyberpad website and downloaded their Cyberpad 1.4 client with Kaillera 0.9 (both latest versions from what I know). All four of us have. The problem is we can't seem to get the controllers synched up properly. For example, on my screen I can only see my own inputs, Player 2 might be able to see theirs and my inputs but nobody else's and probably a similar story for P3 and P4 too.

As an example, I looked at the manual for Crash Bash and it said 'Insert a PlayStation Multitap into Controller port 1 of your Playstation game console. Insert up to four controllers into the Multitap for an all out bandicoot showdown'. We all setup our controllers to Port 1 and all enabled Multitap on Port 1 too, but the same thing as what I said before happened. On my screen, I could only see my own inputs, Player 2 could see theirs and my inputs but nobody else's and a similar story goes for P3 and P4 too.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong Kaillera client, maybe I'm not setting up a multiplayer lobby correctly, maybe our controller setups arent configured correctly for use with multitap etc. It could be many things, I'm just not sure how to configure all of it correctly for 4-Player Netplay.

Seriously, I would appreciate ANY help with this because it is driving me nuts! Thank you very much in advance [​IMG]
  19. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hi Draykez,

Cyberpad only support 2 plyers input. Try using PS4NET v0.4.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  20. Draykez

Draykez New Member

Okay thank you, I will do. I can't see a PS4NET download in your post though? And aren't both of your links a P2P version of Kaillera?