ePSXe NetPlay (CyberPad + Kaillera) 1.9.0 / 1.8.0 / 1.7.0 / 1.6.0

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by jimartin, Feb 20, 2012.

1. DanteSSS333

DanteSSS333 New Member

Epsxe only supports local gameplay via the built in multiplayer (all players are in the same wlan for example). For remote multiplayer, you either need a vpn (e.g. Hamachi) to trick the plugin into believing that you are in a local network, or you can just use kaillera, which doesn´t require a local network.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. Forsaken1989

Forsaken1989 New Member

Hello this guide was amazing, it set us up for playing without desync which I didn't know was possible after trying 5 years ago.

Me and a friend do have a problem though, we currently play Final Fantasy 9 over net-play on 1.6.0 later in the game I believe we will face a glitch that often crashes the game or some graphical minor glitches throughout the game.

I believe this glitch was resolved in versions of EPSXE above 1.6.0. From what we have tried and read from this guide we cannot use 1.7.0 because the game does not support Multitap.

We have tried 1.9.0 and 1.9.25 with the settings from this guide that have worked for us in 1.6.0 and (until player 2 has to move in 1.7.0). Using Cyberpad 1.4 net play plugin and tried a few kaillera clients. We desync instantly as it takes one of us longer to load.

I have tried to set up 2.0.5 to try that out but Cyberpad 1.4 does not show up on the netplay plugin dropdown list. PS4net does but for some reason will not work for me an error in another language comes up.

Thank you for your guide. Do you know how I can solve the issue we have?
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  3. jimartin

jimartin Member

Hello and Welcome to the Forum !

If older versions fits for you, you can just continuous using it for the games that work for you. But if you wish to have some of the new features included in 2.0.5 or it works better for some gams I would definitely recommend the built in network feature.
    Although there is an edited Cyberpad dll that works with the newer versions of the emulator

Some highlights for built-in NetPlay:
    • It supports only 2 player gaming for now
    • to use it over internet you will need to use VPN like
      • Hamachi
      • Tunngle
      • Or any other that works for you
      • Also if you have the knowledge to use your OS built-in possibilities for that and configure it yourself
    P.s: Sometimes for First start of the Netplay wont work immediately (I have seen 15 minutes delay) but sequential runs looks fine. (Didn't have time to troubleshoot).

Cheers !
  4. Forsaken1989

Forsaken1989 New Member

Thank you for your speedy response, we will test the newest version out.
  5. Forsaken1989

Forsaken1989 New Member

I apologise for another question

I read from your guide it and you said it doesn't matter what Graphics Plugin you use. So the players on netplay can have different Graphics plugins as long as we both run around the same fps?

Thank you.
  6. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Well if you use the newest ePSXe 2.0.5, it's best to use the built in ones, but if you're using an older version then using same plugins and settings is recommended but not necessary.
    The most important thing is FPS on both parts it has to be stable and good connection, so there will little to no delay lag.
  7. Forsaken1989

Forsaken1989 New Member

I have another problem. We are now trying 3 player game. We all used the same settings.

We have tried 1.60 and 1.80, but not 1.90 yet and not 1.70 (Because we heard about the memcard bug).

We all have the same settings and do not desync during the game. None of us have done more than 2 players before and tried ticking multitap on port 1. Port 1 pad 2-4 all cleared. Port 2 pad 1 clear.

We are trying a game called Battle Hunter. When we start the game we set player 2 to pad 1-B and player 3 to pad 1-C. Neither of them could move, but we did not desync as we all saw the same.

We also tried this with port 1 multitap disabled, then port 2 multitap enabled.

The game works with multitap offline with 1.80 but not with 1.60. We used the PS4net 0.4 beta.

Thank you in advance.