ePSXe on Windows-7 64 BIT

Discussion in 'ePSXe Compatibility' started by smahendra, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smahendra

smahendra New Member

I have used several versions of ePSXe and have recently installed 1.7 on my machine. I have faced a few issues and have got some of the solutions by trial and error methods. I thought let me share them with you:

When you download and unzip 1.7 version first thing that you should do is to check that if zlib1.dll is there. If it is not then search on google and you will find a link to download this dll (use your common sense while clicking before link).

When you try to configure the ePSXe it will crash giving a message. So just right click on the ePSXe executable and check for properties. Set the Compatibility to Windows98 and voila you will be able to configure the ePSXe application.

When you try to run the application again you will encounter an error. So again you have to set the compability level to WindowsXP.

You have to do it every time you configure ePSXe or Run ePSXE.

I have tested this on

- Windows 7 Home Premium
    - Intel 965 Express board
    - Intel Core2Duo 1.8 GHz Processor
    - 4GB RAM
    - Petes DX7 Graphics driver
    - PEOPS Sound Driver
    - ISO Image Driver in built plugin
    - Standerd in build Controller plugin
    - SCPH7502 BIOS
    - Ghost In The Shell PSX game

I have also noticed that version ePSXe 1.6 is superfast and is not easy to maintain sync while playing a game with it. ePSXE 1.7 is somewhat good but is a bit slow.

Regards,
    An ePSXe Lover
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. makotech222

makotech222 The one and only

The superfast speeds can be fixed by using the graphic's plugin's fps limiter. set it to 60 for normal psx speeds. I also advise using Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, it looks much better.
  4. smahendra

smahendra New Member

Thanks,

I just use Pete's D3D plugin and everything is working fine.
  5. liamvale1991

liamvale1991 New Member

hi i have epsxe 1.7.0 on windows 7 64bit i have mortal kombat trilogy and i have played it a few times and it worked fine up until last night i started getting a black screen can anyone help?
  6. smahendra

smahendra New Member

ePSXe and ePSXexecuter...

It is very hard to say what can cause this problem. But my wild guess says that you must have changed configuration for ePSXe. If that is the case you should have to identify the cause by trial and error. If you want you can use ePSXesecuter to maintain different configuration for different games.
  7. RubberDucky451

RubberDucky451 New Member

I'm also running 64bit Win7.

I had the lib error but everything besides that worked fine. I didn't have the config problem
  8. tbeghtol

tbeghtol New Member

I have Win7 x64 Ultimate and Epsxe 1.7. Everything works just fine for me, no compatibility or admin privileges or anything else needed. Guess I got lucky.
  9. Rezard

Rezard New Member

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and ePSXe 1.7 works great. No problems at all.
  10. AbDulhkeem

AbDulhkeem New Member

HOW ABOUT WE SHOULD HAVE ePSXe 180 AND A DX9 OR DX10 CAPABLE PLUGIN??? :lol::lol::p

I am really annoid of these errors to but in fact i play hours then it's appearing :evil:
  11. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

how about stfu?
  12. AbDulhkeem

AbDulhkeem New Member

you have a real issues may be you should go to a DOCTOR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.