ePSXe: Problems with objects in game (regarding Resident Evil)

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by beag, Apr 15, 2017.

1. beag

beag New Member

I'm not sure if anyone really uses the forums anymore but I have been having one issue when playing the resident evil games 1 and 2 (I haven't tried other games yet).
    It's a really weird glitch where objects are placed either to the left or right to where they are meant to be.

For example: There is a puzzle in Resident Evil 2 where you have to move bookcases to match a picture. However, all of the bookcases were shifted to the right but the markers (on where to place them) remained the same. I was only when I saw a video on youtube showing how the game was meant to look did I realize mine was off.
    Or when a statue was holding a diamond but the diamond was "floating" to the left of it, then when camera suddenly switches angle it's floating to the right.

It came to the point where is was almost game breaking when "invisible walls" would block most of a narrow corridor, restricting me from an important area. Or when a lantern appears to be squished in a corner but the action to light it was a few feet right of the object, on a blank wall.

Those are the best examples I can remember. If you can help it would greatly appreciated!
    (I'm not the best at describing things, so if you're confused just ask and I'll elaborate)

Edit: Oh btw, I have installed other versions of ePSXe and other emulators (they refused to work full stop), as well as other roms of the game but the problem still stands.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

sounds like you are using widescreen (2.0.x versions of epsxe).. widescreen and static 2d background games like RE,FF, etc don't work... the background gets stretched but the 3d objects don't know that so they are not where they are suppose to be.. solution is to play the game in 4x3 and turn off any widescreen or 16x9 options
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. beag

beag New Member

Oh right I see! Thanks for responding I'll check that out!
  5. beag

beag New Member

hm... on second thought it doesn't appear to be working. I've tried a 4:3 and I never had any widescreen options turned on.
    Here, I added some screenshots. The first pic shows a painting (Edit: oh sorry, it's the clock that moves) that is at the right side of the clock but on the second pic, it is to the left.
    I found the last one funny because my character can be seen inside the left pillar, but the "invisible wall" for the pillar is to the right.
    It might be something else, but what you said did make sense. Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. beag

beag New Member

Wait hold on... it fixed itself... I don't know how, but when a reopened it for the 50th time after configuring it (at this stage I was selecting random options to see if anything helped), it was just... fixed.
    Thank you for putting up with me, I am just an idiot.