ePSXe - Shark enhanced (by Tapeq)

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by tapeq, Jan 12, 2013.

1. natr0n

natr0n New Member

2. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Just found out that when using Shark, disc changing doesn't always work. Disc combining kits don't seem to work correctly either. Nor does slow boot (still works through cmd line though).
  3. tapeq

tapeq Member

Disk combining kits was never implemented for ePSXe 1.8.0 later. Slow boot should work, but not for ePSXe 1.9.0 because support for it was not finished.
  4. ulao

ulao New Member

I have not used ePSXe in a long while (since I was on a 32 bit OS), now on win764 I noticed rumble is complete busted. I read some ramblings on the net about ePSXe being a 32bit app and that it does not work because there are no 32bit drivers. In my case it's a HID/PID controller so pid.dll would be the driver. Though I have many applications that are 32bit and work fine with that driver. Nor do I think m$ would mess that up.

Does anyone here know if any version of shark fixes this issue, does the shark pad functionality help with rumble any?
  5. shinra358

shinra358 Member

You can use KrossX's Pokopom with Shark. It has rumble.
  6. ulao

ulao New Member

Is that not for xinput though? PID (dirrect input) does not use that.
  7. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Oh. Yeah, it's xinput only.
    You can use x360ce to make the pad xinput and then you can use your pad for Pokopom (I think?) if you don't mind doing that.
  8. ulao

ulao New Member

Right I may experiment with that for testing. Am I right to assume shark is still not compatible with 1.9.25 ?
  9. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Correct. Aso, since early ps controllers have lower build quaility and buttons can stick or cords can shorten out, it would be wise to invest in a DS4. $50 or so but I've never had issues with it like I had with old ps and ps2 controllers over long periods of time.
  10. shinra358

shinra358 Member

http://translate.google.com/transla...endy.net/special/driver/xi/index.html&act=url

These also make rumble work for dinput (i just tried them) without anything else external (for specific devices). Click custom to see which.
  11. ulao

ulao New Member

"it would be wise to invest in a DS4" haha, yeah well, I'm the author to that Bliss-Box usb adapter if you remember. Trust me, I know controllers better that most people know the back of their hand. Thx for the link btw, although it's completely useless to me, that is really going to help being its a xinput wrapper or sorts. Its simple and to the point, will be great for testing.
    THX!
  12. shinra358

shinra358 Member

lol, oh yeah, I forgot that you were the blissbox guy xD
    To help that cause without using extra stuff we can always email or twitter the devs to include it. I've done that before but I don't think enough ppl are doing it.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  13. ulao

ulao New Member

True, I for one want to track down why epsxe on a 64 bit OS has issues. Your information above proves it will work with the right driver. I just can't figure out why M$'s own HID component does not work. I wish I knew a m$ dev it must be something simple. What I know from looking in to it is that epsxe tries to query the FFB engine and fails. Though most other 32 bit application (pj64) do not. So there are 3 options. 1) fix epsxe, 2) hack and register the HID/PID as a 32 service, and 3) your suggestion.
  14. calb

calb Emu author Emu Author

15. Hei5enBerG

Hei5enBerG New Member

16. ulao

ulao New Member

Hei5enBerG, your issue is more then likely the one that is floating all over the net. For a 32bit application like ePSXe to use a driver on a 64bit OS, your driver dll needs to be registered as 32bit. Yes its complicated, no way around that. This is the best info I have on that subject.
    http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1738

On top of that your running a failed OS... By that I mean, when a large company like Microsoft gives a way a free upgrade (i.e. windows 10 ) to its predecessor (windows9), its a nice way of they "Sorry ya'll we f'd up". In other words, that is only complicating your issue.

Do yourself a favor and stop playing emulators with diver based controller. At least that is my opinion. That or have fun with that link I sent you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    In light of recent events I finally found a game (Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade Mode) that works. I sent an email to the ePSXe team but to really test this for them I need a list of games that support rumble and I can not find that.
  17. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  18. ulao

ulao New Member

Shinra358, thank you again!. I felt that was the case as I remember when the system came out with the shock controllers that it always shook. I hope to figure out why ePSXe is not working but I'm afraid at this point the error if from game to ePSXe code. Only a guess but I'll do what I can.
    shinra358 likes this.
  19. Hei5enBerG

Hei5enBerG New Member

Hi my friend, i tried that before but it did not work for me... I think this is about windows problem like you said, and @shinra358 found the solution that will take me to the old days, thanks again...

Please look at that page;

http://ngemu.com/threads/how-to-get...h-dualshock-3-and-motioninjoy-drivers.138270/

@shinra358 posted the link, just choose which OS you use than it will be okey...
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  20. shinra358

shinra358 Member

I posted that link earlier in this thread too so he saw it already. Hopefully he can help the epsxe team in fixing their issue.