ePSXe Slowdown

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by lexx210, Jan 4, 2017.

1. lexx210

lexx210 New Member

I've never had a problem with ePSXe speed, even on much older/slower computers, but as of late anytime I try to play a game coming from a completely fresh install of ePSXe 2.0.5, adding the USA bios and keeping the default core plugins ePSXe runs extremely slow, even when changing the video plugin settings to the fast option. I have noticed that even after a fresh install of ePSXe the app still remembers my video plugin settings that I previously set. Is there a config file I need to delete first that is stored in some other windows folder? Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. lexx210

lexx210 New Member

So after many hours of troubleshooting I noticed the problem wasn't only with ePSXe, but other emulators as well which indicated it was a Windows setting that was causing the issues. For me it seemed to be that when I set my display settings to "Show only on 2", where 2 was the computer monitor and 1 was the TV I have hooked up by HDMI, the slowdowns would occur. Just thought I'd share my findings in case this can help some other poor soul...