ePSXe stops recognizing controller

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Setzaroth, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Setzaroth

Setzaroth New Member

Not sure if this is a computer issue or emulator issue, but I'm using a wired Dualshock 4, and everything has been fine for days, now suddenly, within minutes of launching into a game, I hear the "ding ding ding" from my computer, and the controller just stops working. It's acting like it's getting unplugged or something. But it's strange, because the buttons slowly stop working, not all at once. Well, slow considering they don't just ALL stop working immediately. It takes a second for the entire thing to be unresponsive.

Also, I can't alt+tab without screwing up the game. It becomes really small and I can't get it back full screen
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

alt-enter switches fullscreen/window...the other, no idea.. what program are you using to read the Ds4 input (It's not natively supported by anything on windows)..couyld be an issue with it, or the bluetooth driver
  4. Setzaroth

Setzaroth New Member

I just plug it right into the computer and it's recognized.
  5. dpence

dpence New Member

yea I missed that first time around.. didn't even know they made such a thing or that a PS4 would recognize a non Bluetooth controller. I'd uninstall the controller (device manager), unplug it, reboot the pc then plug it in and let it reinstall everything
  6. s1Mus

s1Mus New Member

are you using scp drivertoolkit
  7. dpence

dpence New Member

don't think he is...I looked them up, it is a wired PS4 controller that is for Ps4, PC and Mac out of the box. Has the touch pad, light on back, and motion controls as well
  8. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

A silly suggestion but did you try to use a different USB cable or port? it could be wonky connection.
    I also advice using DS4win.
    http://ds4windows.com/
    Works far better then just DS4 to PC.
  9. dpence

dpence New Member

again, people are missing the obvious..lol.. he said WIRED PS4 controller, it isn't a sony branded controller nor Bluetooth... it's basically a PC/Mac clone of a ps4 controller that also works on a Ps4. Doesn't nbeed special drivers https://www.amazon.com/Armor3-PS4-M...90419589&sr=8-1&keywords=wired ps4 controller
  10. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

plug in to a wired hub, your device is disconnecting because of a low power situation.