ePSXe v2.0.5 GTX960m/intel HD 530 crashes 2nd time onwards on Win7/10

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by amgreenhawk, Dec 17, 2016.

1. amgreenhawk

amgreenhawk New Member

Hi, just wanted to inform that the latest version of ePSXe avaliable now seems to crash on second time running. And it crashes from then onwards whenever i load epsxe. Crashes immediately on startup. When I delete the epsxe registry entry and restart, it loads. Then it crashes 2nd time onwards again.

I only use Pete's D3D or OpenGL 1/2 plugins, and generally don't prefer to use others. I use internal sound and internal CD plugins.

Tried changing plugins and all the render options. No go.

I'm running it on Dell Inspiron 7559 with Core i7 + 8GB. Tried in both Windows 7 and Windows 10 on this machine. Crashes similarly on both OSs. Tried with both nVidia and Intel graphics.

And when I revert back to 2.0.2.1, everything is fine. No problem when I use this immediate older version.

I was wondering why it crashes with the latest version. Hope the ePSXe team take note of this error.

P.S. I'm an old ePSXe user, and been using it since version 1.01 those days... always loved it, and despite a few hiccups of certain old versions in various machines, managed to make those run too.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

have you made sure x1 is checked under options/cpu overclock? it's a known bug that it doesn't get checked and causes epsxe to crash
  4. sh0rtbus42o

sh0rtbus42o New Member

I think there is something wrong with the newest version as well. I'm new to epsxe and spent the last 2 days trying to get it to work. It only worked once (the first time). Im not very tech savvy but i did have the x1 option checked, anyway thanks to stumbling into this post i tried the previous version and it works great. I'm just nervous about trying to fix the screen size as to create a new set of problems after the recent aggravation. THX for the tip.
  5. amgreenhawk

amgreenhawk New Member

I tried again, and it seems to work... but maybe it's because it's using the previous version's registry setting? I checked the CPU overclocking, and it's ticked at 1x. Anyway, I see audio repetitions and lags when running with Pete's OpenGL 2.9 at 1080p with internal SPU in this latest version (2.0.5). So I'm just reverting and using the previous version. Not sure why the latest version is not working well in my system.

I also read the other posts with this x1 CPU overclocking tip, after I opened this thread. Sorry for cluttering up the forum. But I thought I might add in my system specs and the difficulties I faced.

Thanks for the help.