ePSXe vibration?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by DarkViperus, Aug 9, 2010.

1. DarkViperus

DarkViperus New Member

Im using Saitek PS2700Rumblepad (which can connect to both PC and PS1/2/3 and vibration works on all of the above) on Windows 7 Pro x64. I changed the options to DualShock and tried pressing F5 during gameplay but still no vibration. Any ideas why?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

You gotta also configure the rumble:
    [​IMG]

Usually DXJoy1 should work though if it doesn't keep try selecting another until rumble works.
  4. DarkViperus

DarkViperus New Member

Tried it all, doesnt work.

Also i tried PCSX with Harakiri plugin v1.04. It works in the config when i press test, but not ingame (tried with vagrant story, ffviii and MGS).
  5. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Does it work in other PC games ? Are your gamepad drivers up to date ?

Also i forgot about the other 2 but FF8 rarely makes use use of vibrations, make sure you use a game that you know when vibrations should work or not.
  6. DarkViperus

DarkViperus New Member

Updated them earlier today, restared just in case.

Also , its super easy to test vibrations in FFVIII, you can
    a) press start to pause , and then left left (turn vibration off, turn on) then again start to cancel the pause, and you should feel a vibration
    b) press R1 when attacking with the main character

Works on pc games and pcsx2 as well. I have no clue what could be the problem.
  7. masta.g.86

masta.g.86 No sir, I don't like it. Award Winner!

In the controller options in ePSXe, it must be set to DualShock.

Vibration will not work with Digital or DualAnalog.
  8. DarkViperus

DarkViperus New Member

Already tried it. But heres an interesting discovery. I used the lillypad on PCSX (although it causes pretty bad side effects) I managed to activate the small motor ingame, but the big one wont vibrate no matter what, although both work in config when i press test.

If youre thinking I havent gotten to a part of the game where the big motor activates, Im way ahead of you XD

edit: guys , you forgot to mention a major thing here, that I shouldnt use savestates since they negate changes in pad plugin settings.
    PCSX with SSSPSX 1.6 works perfect on Dino Crisis 2 and Vagrant story and FFVIII. It didnt work at 1st but after switching a few plugins, and changing back to it, everything works (im not crazy, that really happened).
    And harakiri 1.04 works with dino crisis 2 but not the other 2 games.
    epsxe doesnt work at all, and neither does psx
    Just letting you know for future reference.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010