ePXSe 2.0.5 Crashes When Loading Games on Windows 10

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by DaveTheMan1985, May 2, 2017.

1. DaveTheMan1985

DaveTheMan1985 New Member

So when I try and load a Game it just Crashes and I tried all the Video Plug-Ins.

How can I fix this Problem?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

Before you load any game select Options then CPU overclocking and select 1x.

if nothing is selected because it is the first run of the emulator (or the first run without changing this setting) it will crash just like you describe. I also think if you load a game on a higher overclock it will also crash but I am less sure of that.
    DaveTheMan1985 likes this.
  4. DaveTheMan1985

I never had a Problem Loading a Game on a High Overclock before but I check to see IF I selected a CPU or not

UPDATE:

Yep that was it mate. Thanks for the Help
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  5. dpence

dpence New Member

by overclock he meant the EMULATED CPU not your system cpu... epsxe 2.0x added the ability to overclock the psx cpu.. but there is a bug where x1 (Default normal speed) doesn't get selected when first installed/ran so that causes the crash
  6. DaveTheMan1985

Yeah. I found that out. When I checked there was nothing Selected and when I did select 1x it worked.

Thanks for the Help Mate
  7. Paulo Eduardo Marinho

Paulo Eduardo Marinho New Member

Hello guys, i´m having this issue and cant find the overclock option (when i go to options there isn´t any overclock option), it gives black screen for all games and settings, its frustratin

Ok guys i just test the only thing that i think, i use iso files on epsxe(to be able to play on android too) and now i tested a .bin on the epsxe and works like a charm, so, iso files are not accepted on epsxe on win 10?
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  8. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

It's the first thing in the Options in ePSXe unles you're using an old version, ePSXe does support ISO but it is highly not recommended.
    ISO can only store 1 track when many PS1 games use multiple track for music or piracy protection.
    A good format to use is CUE/BIN, thou you need both files to ensure game working properly, and start the game from the CUE sheet.
  9. DaveTheMan1985

I am using the Most Recent Version.

Agree the CUE/BIN is best format for ePXSe
  10. DaveTheMan1985

I get this error now when I try and Run Games. How do I fix this error?