Evolve without trade?

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Wazzup91, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Wazzup91

Wazzup91 New Member

Hey guys!
    i recently got a little nostalgic and i wanted to try out Pokemon again!
    so i downloaded the emulator from no$GBA and got myself Pokemon fire red.
    I do have a question however, lets say i get a pokemon like Abra, will i ever be able to fully evolve it into an Alakazam? before hand, u needed to trade the pokemon in order to evolve it into that. How do i go about doing that now? It dosent have to be a trade, maybe a code that lets me evolve it, then i can use it at the approprite lvl.

Regards and thanks in advance <3
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

You have a couple of options available, but first things first: No$ is not the ideal emulator for GBA Pokemon games, as it doesn't emulate fog correctly; you might not see through it, even when you should. You should use VBA, but beware that this game can have some issues (see the VBA board for details).
    Now to how your original question:
    1) Trading: Both No$GBA and a special version of VBA called VBALink support GBA linking. I haven't tried it with FireRed, but it should work.
    [strike]2) Pokésav: With this utility, you can edit your savegame to turn your Abra into an Alakazam; or whatever else you want. Note that you won't get the Pokedex data unless you catch, evolve or hatch a Pokemon, or recieve it in a trade. To get the data with Pokesav, you need to hatch it from an egg (the game doesn't check if such an egg would be possible in the first place, so you can hatch anyone you like).
    3) Pokémon evolution editor: a nifty program that lets you edit every aspect of evolution: level, stone, which Pokemon to evolve to, etc. This editor will change your game ROM, so be sure to have a backup if nessessary. [/strike]
    EDIT: Corrected because of own stupidity. (-.-°)
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  4. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

Since TC is talking about Pokemon Firered (a gba game), I can tell you that there isn't any pokesav or Pokemon evolution editor for that game and any other gba version (at least none that I can recall).
  5. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

I was pretty sure there were versions of those, but a quick Google check awarded nothing. You're right. I guess I jumped the gun a bit there... My bad.
  6. Wazzup91

Wazzup91 New Member

Okay, thanks for the quick replies.

Okay, so lemme get this straight, i should go ahead and download the emulator called VBA? if i do that, will i be able to get my already saved games back?
  7. Wazzup91

Wazzup91 New Member

Hey folks, just a little update. since the VBA seems to have problems with saved games, i have decided to stick with No$. There are some guides that can get me thou the foggy tower thingy, and i believe that is the less of two evils right now ^^

could you please give me a more detailed description of how to trade using No$? i would be forever greatful
  8. Wazzup91

Wazzup91 New Member

Also, is it possible to get Mew in Fire Red :D?
  9. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

If you want to transfer your save from no$gba to vba, you need to convert your save file. In case you want to give it another try, follow this guide here to transfer your save from no$gba to vba.

If you are asking how to link gba games, then follow the instructions here.
  10. ZeldaNerdAmz

ZeldaNerdAmz New Member

-So upon recent discovery I found a way to get Alakazam with out trading Kadabra. You would have to breed either two Mr. Mimes, or Mr. Mime and Abra. The egg will hatch into Alakazam.