F355 Challenge - Passione Rossa

Discussion in 'nullDC Discussion' started by pollet, Nov 11, 2008.

1. pollet

pollet New Member

Hi.

I have a .gdi copy from this game, and i will use it with nulldc. The problem is that the game is not playable. To get the game works, i need rip the game as a GDI

My question is what must i do for rip it, and what programs must i have:

The files thatbi have are these:

F355 Challenge.gdi
    track01.bin
    track02.raw
    track03.bin

I have reed this, in this internet page:
    For nullDC compatibility games.
    Ferrari 355 Challenge (E) - NullDC - Sega Dremcast - The most complete compatibility list

The game is playable. To get the game works, follow the next steps : rip the game as a GDI (not a CDI), run the MMU version of the emulator (with the "normal" version you'll get the "unimplemented opcode" error), select the menu option "Options->GDRom->Patch GDRom Region" and you're ready to go. Load the GDI image as you would any other image.

PD: I have tested Makaron T10, and the same proble.

Plesae help this usr to play this great game :)

See us
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Bubbafat

Bubbafat Mhm.

have you tried to burn your gdi to a disk and make a new img?
  4. Linktothepast

Linktothepast Deus ex machina

Try disabling Dynarec from the MMU version. MMU works only with interpreter i think.
  5. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

With regards to making images the best resource that you can use is the dumpcast web page as it contains all the necessary tutorials and tools required to make .gdi images of your dreamcast games. For your convenience I have attached them below.

Dumpcast: The Dreamcast Dump Database

These are the tools that you need to rip games from your dreamcast.

Dumpcast :: View Forum - Dumping Games

And here it will give you guides on what you need to do exactly.

Some of the tools will verify if the image that you have made is indeed a complete image, if the image is corrupted some of these tools will tell you so. This is incase the image you have is invalid and could possibly be causing an issue with regards to running it with the emulator.
  6. legend100

legend100 Member

Hopefully Raz sees this:

So, the cdi & the gdi work on both 1.0 beta6 & 1.0.3. The difference is that a bug in 1.0.3, that I hope gets fixed, forces you to hold down "Enter" on the DOS window for a few seconds until the game actually launches. In 1.0 beta6, it launchs perfectly fine.

Another difference is between a cdi & gdi of the game. The gdi has perfect graphics it seems, whereas the HUD ingame does not appear in the cdi version. Weird, huh? I wonder why that is.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  7. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

The reason for that is that the .cdi is a ripped version of the .gdi which was used back in the day to run either legitimate backups of your games or was used in piracy rings. There was no other method to play 1:1 backups of large Dreamcast games so data from the games had to be removed in order to get them to fit onto media the dreamcast could read.

In other words, due to the .cdi being around 700-750mb and .gdi around 1.1gb data would have to be taken out of the .gdi to fit the .cdi onto a CD disk. Thus data from .cdi imaged games are missing and why running .gdi games is much better for compatibility with emulators and with real dreamcasts.
  8. legend100

legend100 Member

That may be true, but in this case the F355 cdi should work well enough since the graphics (HUD) work 100% correctly in the latest Makarons.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  9. PsyMan

PsyMan Banned

Well, as far as I remember the bug with the unknown opcodes on v1.0.3 was fixed. Now regarding the HUD problem... try enabling the sorting options and using a different Z-Buffer mode.
    Of course the HUD problem may occur because of the opcode error, are you sure that it doesn't happen on both cdi and gdi on v1.0.3.
  10. legend100

legend100 Member

Positive. The HUD does displays perfectly with the gdi version. I also think I've tried every option there is to fix it in the cdi. And again, same results with 1.0 beta6.
  11. natr0n

natr0n New Member

use the famous boot cd with the dear and then go to options/gdrom/swap disc

and that should load

this works for full dumps just in case anyone cares

:thumb:
  12. pollet

pollet New Member

Hi too all :) and thank you all for you rapid answer.

I have tested i few thinks about the game.

1) I have use makaron T10 emu, and it will work good with the game, but it goes very slowly.

2) I have read the diferents links about tools to rip the game, but i dont obtain a a good end :).

I will wacht and read moe the rip systems, and when i can not ip the game, i will wait a new vwesion of nulldc, or makaron T10 :)

See us, and tanks for the help.

Sorry for my bad englis