Failed loading memcard...

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by MJ12 Commando, Jun 7, 2007.

1. MJ12 Commando

MJ12 Commando New Member

Whenever I try formatting the memcard, it refuses to format it, either ingame, or from the BIOS using CDVDnull.

It gives me "failed loading memcard: mcd001.ps2".

Using already-formatted memcards from the Gamefaqs conversion guide also gets the same error message, plus a "error reading memcard: mcd001.ps2"

Need... help... badly...
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

What's your system spec and do you have the latest build? 0.9.2 for Windows and 0.9.3 for Linux
  4. chameleon_789

chameleon_789 New Member

Make sure the PSX2 directory isn't read only (probably isn't the problem, but without knowing more about your system it's worth a look)
  5. MJ12 Commando

MJ12 Commando New Member

Latest build, Pentium Centrino Duo 1.66 GHz, Geforce Go 7400, Windows Vista.

It's probably the latter that's messing it up.

If I try preformatted memcards, though, the system refuses to read them as well, so it's not a read-only problem.
  6. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Vista has some issues as posted before, search a bit; I believe you can find some useful information already discussed.
  7. MJ12 Commando

MJ12 Commando New Member

I've been looking around on the search function and there isn't much on the memory card problems. Thus, I've been surviving on savestates. Not the best idea, but it's better than trying to go through in one sitting.