FAQ: Xbox 360 Emulation

Discussion in 'Misc Xbox Discussion' started by blueshogun96, Feb 20, 2010.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Last Xbox Emu Author Moderator Emu Author

Well said. Also, look at some of the other terminology used: CD, XA, etc? That's all related to PSX emulation if I'm not mistaken. The last fake 360 emulator even used Xeon's GUI! Just a load of made up technical details of some attention whore like nerd who needs to get a life outside of his mom's basement. Probably never wrote a lick of code outside of BASIC, VB or maybe C#.

My general rule:

1. It's always to be true. Always be skeptical...
    2. Give us a working/playable download, or it didn't happen...
    3. Source code (that compiles into a usable program), or it didn't happen...

I dare anyone to find me a PC that can handle emulating 3 PPC processors (each with 2 hardware threads and it's own dedicated vector unit). Even with static-rec (which is the only feasible method I can think of), that would be a feat.
  2. Shock120

Shock120 New Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  3. aNoN_

aNoN_ New Member

Hey guys. Any progress on xbox360 emulation? I'd love to play Gears 2 and 3 and a few other games. But i just dont wanna purchase 8 year old hardware for it.
  4. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

We don't even have a good Xbox emulator so don't expect a Xbox 360 emulator anytime soon.
  5. blueshogun96

There's no way to logically correlate the lack of 360 emulation with poor Xbox1 emulation. Take a look at the hardware, then the games. 360 IMO isn't really worth emulating.
  6. rocknroll237

rocknroll237 New Member

7. blueshogun96

I call BS on both of them. No verifiable screenshots or videos, download is password protected and requires you to take a survey to get it, no source code, and no proof that it's real.
  8. rocknroll237

rocknroll237 New Member

Okay, thanks for the heads up.
  9. IvicaMarkovic

IvicaMarkovic Member

x360 emu on one core cpu? That's hilarious. Also you could see that most of their plugins are PCSX2 plugins.
  10. hirano91

hirano91 New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZBYo_dyGE8

here someone tested the emulator from the link rocknroll237 posted.
    http://xbox360emulator.net/
    it is very clear it's working as he played gears of war 3.

i also tried it and managed to play a few games, that means it's very limited.
    and i don't remember any password protection nor taking a survey to download it.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  11. lagunareturns

lagunareturns Active Member

already mentioned it is fake, it is password protected and makes you do surveys to download.

just fyi, all downloads that require surveys to be done are always fake, you are doing surveys over and over but there will never be a working download link given, all the survey does is the guy who gave you download link gets paid for every survey you do plus the information given to some of these surveys are passed on to hackers to hack your accounts hence why they ask for date of birth, address and private details...

heck there is a ps3 emulator and ps vita emulator, 3ds emulator, and a psp emulator that promises to run all games very fast with the same download links.... what you are telling me they are real....

also the youtube video is faked emulator, it is to fool you to click on the download link and make you do the surveys for nothing.

there is no working xbox360 emulator... if there was it wont run a commercial game 100% or run one full speed because no one can make initial releases of an emulator perfect, at least one of the current gen systems
  12. CodeAsm

CodeAsm New Member

Ive also tried that one, decompiled the exe, its just fake.
    also poorly written, after IDA pro and some CHeat engine I was able to run the program without the popup about required bios, some stupid menu's, nothing works. :p

files you download are bios, roms and plugins for other emulators.
    I was wondering if this guy put in a secret message like "Hi there, you are so 1337 to come here :p" but no, just a program to get money. (Please dont make those surveys)
  13. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

All of those EmulatorX stuff are by Cryptox, (not the one better known on xda), but rather an ******* that is making fake emulators that happen to be a dot net app wrapped around the WMP core.

The recent 3DS Emulator (also by Cryptox), when you manage to aquire the "3DS Bios" it actually happens to be several files from GTA4.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  14. saintsmythe

saintsmythe New Member

In the three years since this thread was posted, has any progress been made on the Xbox 360 emulation front? Computers have gotten significantly more powerful, and the Xbox 720 reportedly will have NO backwards compatibility, so I'm kind of hoping that this will eventually take off.
  15. -Ashe-

-Ashe- Member

16. IvicaMarkovic

IvicaMarkovic Member

Wow, I thought that Vanik have given up on Xenia. Last time when I checked in November he didn't contribute for almost a year.
  17. Echelon9

Echelon9 Member

Good to see - is he active on these forums?
  18. BuldozerX

BuldozerX New Member

Not worth emulating? Why is that?
  19. DaMan

DaMan Member

If these games aren't preserved how big of a loss is it to humanity?
  20. -Ashe-

-Ashe- Member

(there's also XBLA and indie)