Faster FPS\

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by Christservant06, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Christservant06

Christservant06 New Member

Hey, I was trying to emulate KH1 and KH2 and I noticed they both have patches on both of them. I was wondering how do you apply these patches to the game or are they applied automatically when you start the game? Also could the different types of bios files augment or diminish the game's fps? Note: I do realize that KH2 is unplayable at this time, but I do get like 5-15 fps so im okay with it going slow. I have patience.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

Patches for games in the local PCSX2 patches directory will be automatically applied.

The BIOS should not affect the performance of the emulator.
  4. cottonvibes

cottonvibes You're already dead... Emu Author

the patches are automatically applied.

Goto Misc->Enable Patches, if you want to turn them OFF or ON.
  5. Christservant06

Ok now honestly is my laptop strong enough to handle this kind of emulation?
  6. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

To put it frankly: Not really.

Nonetheless, you may still get less demanding games to run at playable, but not full, speeds.
  7. Christservant06

Ya I thought so, It sounds like its time to upgrade my computer! This E1405 is probably so out of date.
  8. GamjaPotato

GamjaPotato 잠꾸러기

If I were you, I would rather build a nice desktop for the price of any notebooks - considerably cheaper and much more powerful than a notebook. If not, aim for a desktop dual/quad-core notebook (one's with E6850/E8400/Q6XXX). Be warned: notebook will get HOT with a standard cooling.