FF VII PC w/ Tifa's Pack (Bootleg)

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by cooliscool, Jul 8, 2015.

1. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

In anticipation of the PS4 remake, I decided to play FF VII again, this time with Tifa's Pack (Bootleg). Needless to say, I'm highly impressed, although there are little hitches here and there because FF VII's engine is really, really wonky and hardcoded. They're hardly noticeable, and the improvements are far reaching, not just graphical - many optional improvements to gameplay, dialogue, etc. Highly recommended... until the remake comes.

Either way, it's a pretty impressive feat of reverse engineering, despite somewhat convoluted design & coordination (original assets mixed with new assets can look pretty odd at times). On to the shots, will post more periodically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Strike105X and Yeloazndevil like this.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

yea I've been messing with this stuff for a long long time. Too bad its a mix of a lot of people's work and its often very mismatched.
  4. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, that's my gripe too, the lack of coordination of the project which has led to questionable consistency. Still awesome though, and highly configurable with Bootleg Configurator, so it's possible to get it setup in a more appropriate manner with some patience.
  5. Daphnes

Daphnes King of Hyrule

You know, I did the exact same thing as you :p

But instead, I used 7th Heaven for the mods, and it's very straightforward and easy to use. The program lets you download the mods from a list, and then you can configure and activate/deactivate them, all on the programs menus.

Personally, I prefer the old school look of the characters, so I used the non-advent children versions of them, and I must say they look very faithful to the original. And I like the old menus, so I didn't used the menu overhaul as well.

Also the upscaled backgrounds and battle textures are very good, with no alterations of the source material whatsoever.

All in all, a good way to enjoy FF7 with nicer graphics. Kudos for the active modding community.
    cooliscool likes this.