FF7 epsxe crash - error opcode

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by dudeoflife, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

Tonight I have a new problem with FF7. Im up to the part of the game where you try to get the keystone from Dio by fighting in the battle arena place. What happens is that following the conversation between Cloud and Dio, the music starts to play and automatically Cloud begins to run into the battle square. He gets into the center of it with his sword raised, and then all of sudden an error message pops up and the game closes. The message states " Error running epsxe- opcode 15 UNK ( PC 00000080) ( 6390, 202) " . Does anyone have any idea what this means? Any idea how I can fix this and continue on with the game? my computer specs are intel pentium III processor; 1.00 ghz; 256 mb of ram; ati mobility 128 agp 2x video card, and Ive been using the Pete's dx6 d3d driver plugin. Also, I checked out other threads with similar issues. I saw no good solutions. I have tried basically every plugin available on ngemu for the epsxe, and I am not using save states. I am using an iso. Still I get the same problem, the digits in the brackets at the end change, but the digits in the first set of brackets are always the same ,as is the rest of the message. HELP PLEASE!!??? - also, I tried using epsxe version 1.5.2 instead of 1.6.0 and it made no difference- also, I know that using cheat devices such as .pec can cause problems, and I am not using any such devices- I just tried it using a different emulator, and even save states,and the same thing occurs. Please does anyone have any advice? Im not gonna start my gaming all over again just to have the same thing stop me at the same spot, and ive already put alot of time into the game to just stop here. Im sure some one out there recognizes and understands my frustration and can help. So please, anyone?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

perhaps the ISO you made is messed up....what did you make it with? what happens on the original CD?
  4. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

Ive been fiddling with it a bit more to find a way to get past this opcode error message. I got a new cd plugin and virtually mounted the iso to the drive, and then tried running the game from cd rather than iso. I also changed some of my graphics configuration. I actually think it worked because at the point that it usually gives me the error message and crashes it did not, it actually gave off the battle swirl animation- but then the screen goes black ( the music continues to play however). Any ideas? can someone tell me a better configuration maybe? If someone else has the game Im willing to upload my memorycard save file, and if they are a kind enough person they will get past this one minute portion of the game for me, save it again, and send it back to me. Ill also post the graphics plugin configuration I have this time ,this is the one that got me past the error message and into the battle swirl animation, but then I get the blank screen with music playing.

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.75
    Author: Pete Bernert
    GFX card: ATI Mobility 128 AGP 2X (DELL)

Resolution/Color:
    - 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
    - R4G4B4A4
    - Filtering: 3
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 4
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 3
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: off
    - Advanced blending: none

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off [0]
    - Unfiltered FB: on
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Full vram: off
    - Game fixes: on [00000001]

computer specs : intel pentium II processor 1.00 ghz; 256 mb of ram; ati mobility 128 agp 2x
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  5. Warrior84

Warrior84 New Member

i'd suggest open gl 2.6 but i doubt your card would handle it so i dont know ff7 never worked right for me on the emulator , the best game on the console and it doesnt work right lol damn , play it on psx trust me :p
  6. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

yeah anytime I try to play using open gl I get to the first credits screen where it says Sony or whatever and it just freezes right then and there, so my card simply cant handle it I guess. Ive scoured the net looking for solutions to the opcode error that seems to bother so many gamers, and ive found a handful of guesses at how to fix the problem and no quality answers- at least none that really worked for me. I guess I sorta fixed it on my own, but with the game still freezing up on me, now just two seconds past where it used to, I havent really fixed anything. If anyone else has any ideas or is willing to play through this for me Id appreciate it, if not I will be going home for thanksgiving so I guess Ill just use my psx or my other computer and hopefully itll work.
  7. I-Chan

I-Chan Ex Contributors

I can try it if you actually post it and it's pal. Anyway, are your card drivers up to date? Have you tried peops gpu plugin?
  8. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

game save

Ive tried just about every graphics plugin without much difference. Im rather new to technology stuff and usually dont have much of an idea of what Im doing, but I think Ive attached my memory card file. There should be two save files on the memory card. The one I need help with is the first one, at the gold saucer. Itll start off at the entrance to the gold saucer, and if youve played through the game before youll know what to do but just incase you forget or dont know- you need to go to the battle arena and walk into dio's trophy room to the right, strike up a conversation with him about getting the keystone, and then enter into battle and I think if you win just one of the 8 battles youll still get the keystone. After that you can save again and send it back to me, thats all I need to get done, as the error and problems always arise just as Im going into battle. Thanks, I really appreciate it. Ill be around tonight checkin the board incase there are any other replies or you have a problem with the file. :guitar:
  9. I-Chan

I-Chan Ex Contributors

You should really try harder with it, it worked flawlessly on my pc, and there's a lot of plot going on there. Maybe turn mask bit on, and fiddle a little more with the special fixes. I attached the memcard, anyway.
  10. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

Thank you so much for helping out. Im not really sure what else I couldve done, i tried many plugins and configurations. Im home for thanksgiving now so I tried it on my other computer and I had the same problem (weird). But anyway thanks for getting past that part for me. I checked the item list after loading the file though and i didnt see the keystone there, is it not supposed to be listed? I know something mustve happened to it since I went to Dio's show room and there was no keystone upon the pedestal where it once stood. So please just get back to me with what exactly I might have missed or at least why I dont see the stone listed. But other than that thanks a bunch, I really appreciate the help
  11. xRock

xRock Ride the Darkness

Its not a usable item, so its not in the item list. I believe its in the Key item (not sure about the name) section.
  12. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

I dont see it in the key item section either, but whatever. I have another problem to go with my long list or problems playing ffvii. Im in Wutai and Im up to the boss battle with rapps, but as soon as corneo or whatever his name is announces his new pet and the battle music starts the game just freezes up. Music continues to play, and most of the time the screen just stays the same ( sometimes it goes blank). Any ideas? should I try a new plugin? perhaps change my configurations? also Im not getting very good sound quality, what would be best for me?

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.75
    GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

Resolution/Color:
    - 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
    - R8G8A8A8
    - Filtering: 3
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 2
    - Framebuffer texture: 1
    - Framebuffer access: 3
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off [0]
    - Dithering: off
    - Full vram: off

computer specs: pentium 4 cpu 1.80 ghz; 256 mb of ram; graphics card nvidia geforce 2 mx
  13. I-Chan

I-Chan Ex Contributors

try fb textures on 0, and fb access on 4. Also, make sure to install some good nvidia dets for that card, and use pete's opengl.
  14. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

absolutely no difference with changed settings, I think Im basically gonna give up. But this is what I used anyway if anyone thinks I could still change something.
    Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
    - 640x480 Window mode
    [16 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
    - R8G8B8A8
    - Filtering: 2
    - VRam size: 32 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 4
    - Framebuffer texture: 0
    - Framebuffer access: 4
    - Mask bit: off
    - Advanced blending: on

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Line mode: off
    - 15 bit FB: off
    - Dithering: on
    - Screen cushion: off

on a side note, with my laptop which has the specs of intel pentium II processor 1.00 ghz; 256 mb of ram; ati mobility 128 agp 2x Im trying to play final fantasy VIII ( I dont like it as much as VII, but I figured that since VII isnt working I might as well try to have some fun with VIII) and so far things are going flawlessly, with the exception of the graphics during the battle intro sequence. I get slowdown and things are basically just very screwey on screen for about 5 seconds and then it gets into the battle and everything is fine, I can deal with it but its quite an annoyance so if it could be avoided Id appreciate that. opengl doesnt work on my laptop because of the bad card I guess ,so I usually just use d3d or dx6 d3d from pete. Ive already messed with the configurations on both with no help. I had read that if I put off screen drawing to 3, framebuffer textures to 0, framebuffer access to 4, and put on the framebuffer updates fix that things would work flawlessly, but apparently not for me. So anyhelp with my FFVII or FFVIII problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks
  15. proger

proger Customized User Title

You can get pentium 2 cpus at 1ghz?
  16. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

apparently yes, since thats what my computer had listed when I checked out the system details
  17. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz <font color="#FFFF00">A Blast from the Past... Junior Contributor

For older Slot A motherboards that use a older chipset, they would detect PIII as PII Processors...
  18. I-Chan

I-Chan Ex Contributors

Why don't you simply remake the ISO? Your problems are probably due to a screwed ISO. Also, wich spu plugin are you using and how is it configured?
  19. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

I found the cd today, so Ill try later tonight
  20. dudeoflife

dudeoflife New Member

well even when using the original cd for FF7 I run into trouble. Now when I try to play with my saved game ( not a save state but an actual saved game from the epsxe memory card) it lists it as a corrupt file. Its as if god doesnt want me to play FF7 ever! Any ideas? At this point I am very close to completley and utterly giving up- which also prompted me to buy Final Fantasy IX and Xenogears the other day for very cheap at a used game store. I havent really tried to play either of them, just turned them on and watched the intros and spent about 5 minutes just fiddling with them, there are a number of graphic and sound problems. With consideration to my laptop specs, which can be found within this thread of messages, does anyone have an idea of what configurations would work best for me with those games? I did search for this, but most threads I found only took into consideration better computers which could use petes opengl, which my older laptop cannot. Thanks- oh I almost forgot, Im still having difficulty getting the correct battle swirl animation without slowdown for FF7 and FF8, is this just impossible to do with my computer specs or what?
  21. I-Chan

I-Chan Ex Contributors

wich spu plugin are you using, and how is it configured? Enable the mask bit in the gpu config, it might help. Also, try eternal spu if you aren't using it, set it to directsound, spuasync smooth mode, a buffer of around 40, neill's reverb, and the first special fix. Mount your iso in a virtual drive and load it with peops cd-r plugin (ioctl scsi commands, thread read). If it still doesn't work, try if you can get a different ff7 cd from a friend and try with it, might be that your cd is scratched.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.