FF7 stuck?

Discussion in 'PSXeven Discussion' started by shogen, Sep 1, 2011.

1. shogen

shogen New Member

Hey,

So I'm new to these forums (clearly by the number of post counts that I have!) and hope that it doesn't effect the number of replies that I get!!!

So! I recently ripped my copy of FF7 and have been playing it on PSXeven (and it has been running wonderfully). However, just recently I've run into a problem. I've reached the second disk and have run arrived at a certain point where a bunch of cannons are fired from Junon (I'll try to be as vague as possible). Anyway, it's right after the scene where Barret tries, yet fails to open a door to Tifa with his bare hands.

The way that it's supposed to work is that there is a quick scene between Pres. Shinra and Heidegger where three soldiers run across the screen and the cut scene begins. However, my problem is that every time this happens Heidegger follows them (in prep for the next sprite scene), I get a quick flash and then it just stays at the scene with Heidegger standing still and Pres. Shinra standing behind him.

The problem is that a lot of the cutscenes have been messing up on the second disk... however, I tried to download a copy of the second disk (seeing how as I own it, I don't think this is a problem) but the same thing happens. I don't know if it's something to do with PSXeven, or if it's just my game, or what...

Seems odd that two separate copies of the second disk would fail...

EDIT:: I should add that the music still plays and it seems like the game is functioning and that it's just waiting for the cutscene to end (though after having let it sit for about 5 minutes it's still not doing anything)
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Have you tried ePSXe to see if you could get past it, just copy the memory card file (usually ends in 001, 002, etc.mcd)
  4. shogen

shogen New Member

Thank you! I managed to figure out the problem though.

Trouble was that the save state was from the broken (downloaded) file where all the video was goof'd up. I loaded up from the last memcard save from my ripped version and got my way back up to the point that I was at and the cutscene (as well as all the others) were fine.

Thanks again!