FF8 Cartoon Shaders

Discussion in 'General Screenshots' started by firyace, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

thats a small zip file with MANY shaders inside at once. there's a guest zip and test zip
  2. SimoneT

SimoneT Not so likeable!

ShadX has deleted all its shaders from the Pete's forum!
    I have tried to write to him why but it has not still answered to me...
    Ciao:guitar:
  3. Kellicros

Kellicros Administrator Contributors

Sigh, wth is going on. X_x
  4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Irregular User Award Winner!

i guess this would be a massive OT:
    @Kellicross: Huh? ive posted the link to the Natural Vision shader didnt I? In the Omega Boost screenshot thread, the one modded by SimoneT(together with the image quality comparison)? here it is anyway...

http://forums.ngemu.com/attachments...best-config-ogl2-ff9-natural.zip?d=1149497293

@guest.r: yeah ShadX's Natural vision shader does small blurring(AA) as the shader level increases, as well as makes the tetxures and colors somehow more vibrant.

However you should at least need a graphics card capable of very high x and y internal resolutions to achieve it or fully utilize it, as it requires 4096x4096 rendering format, prolly recommended ones would be GeForce 6600 and above, or X1300/X1600 and above for the speeds to be fine(yeah, X300,X600 and X800 series only support up to 2048x2048 res, meaning only high x and very high y only).
  5. guest.r

guest.r Member

I used Shadx's own words.
    Interesting, how ones taste changes over time. :p

Recently i upgraded my gfx. card to gf. 6800.
    Brings a whole new perspective regarding OGL2 and shaders. The 9x00, xX00 and currently x1000 series cards users have something to "play with".

To achieve "state of the art" cartoon gfx. the whole thing should be done at the texture filtering and rendering levels. But some image processing principles stay the same.

I think i'll write a AA-Bloom shader to be used with the highest internal resolutions next. Like AA-Color for nVidia cards.
  6. Qwin

Qwin New Member

WOW my favorite game ff8 with Natural Vision shader looks super it looks like a ps 1|1/2 :p
  7. guest.r

guest.r Member

Promissed some AA shaders.
    Maybe FF8 will look better with them. :D