FF9 start up problems

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by immortalharp, May 8, 2017.

1. immortalharp

immortalharp New Member

Trying to start up Final Fantasy 9 on windows10 and the music is all messed up and right when I get to the continue/new game screen it crashes with no notification. I've tried several different ISO's but they all have the same problem.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

get and rip your own copy of the game.

ISO is not a valid container for psx images.
  4. immortalharp

immortalharp New Member

Then why, pray tell, does ePSXe have a section from the file drop down menu that literally says "Run ISO"?
  5. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Typo, ePSXe does support ISO, but any game that uses sub channel data will be broken as ISO does not contain it, other formats are better, like bin/cue.
    And as Squall mentioned make a CD image of your own game, piracy is not supported here,and the images you used are definitively broken, ePSXe no matter the settings will run FF9 with no little to no issues.
    Last known issue with FF9 and ePSXe was with ver 1.6.0, since then no issue exists.
    Unless you're using outdated ePSXe and or plugins.
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. immortalharp

immortalharp New Member

If buying the game actually sent any money to the original devs of the game I would. But at this point the only way to buy the game will just result in %100 profit for the seller so it literally doesn't matter if any game I use (as long as it's on an outdated system) is pirated or bought, either way the devs don't get paid. Maybe climb down off your high horse there.
  7. FoxSevent

Ahh but im very comfortable on sir Prancelot, it's simple forum rules, piracy not supported for legal reasons, for that there are other forums, and we can't help as we can't be sure that you're using broken game, which you are.
    Secondly the logic devs won't get paid for it so i can pirate is dumb, you wouldn't download a car would you?

Lastly If you want to support the "devs" then buy the PSN version for the PS3/PSP/PS VITA or the PC/ANDORID version.
  8. immortalharp

immortalharp New Member

"You wouldn't download a car..." Holy hell You're using that idiotic APA line from the late 90's/early 2000's? Wow, clearly this forum is a joke.
  9. FoxSevent

Well not a joke, it's more like very inactive due to few reasons.
    1. Most people are smart enough not to come asking for help when using broken/pirated games, it's like pirating a PC game, then asking the devs why it doesn't work.
    2. ePSXe in it's current version is pretty much child proof when using a legit copy of a game, most issues nowadays are just problem with peoples PC rather then ePSXe.

So no this forum ain't a joke, but you know what is? you are.
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  10. Squall-Leonh@rt

well, you know you can fuck right off yeah?
  11. dpence

dpence New Member

you apparently do not know the history with Sony, emulators and piracy... as long as we keep things clean here... Sony tends to leave us alone...the minute we start helping people steal games or use stolen games, they will drop the "Sue" hammer (Epsxe is sold on android devices so it is an even more touchy subject and this place has to be even more cleanly ran)
    We do not need to give Sony a reason..
    besides, all that, even a modest google search shows you can NOT make a backup copy of a PSX game in iso format and expect any kind of usable result. In fact every playstation site out there will explicitly tell you do not.
  12. FoxSevent

Would they still really care after so long? i'm tempted to try it just to find out. Also im pretty sure most illegal sites with PS1 CD images have them in the proper format.
    So i dunno how he got ISO.
  13. SquishyPotatoe

SquishyPotatoe New Member

I don't think the rules exist simply because we think it's immoral and/or because we think we are self righteous.
    If anything our rules exist as a means of self defense from our forums shutting down, and as a means to calm the shitstorm of people yelling "EMULATORS ARE ILLEGAL"- said people actually believe that if downloading roms is illegal, then that means the emulators to which they are played on are also illegal, which is complete and utter bullshit.
    It's the only way we can disarm these people from attacking the emulation scene as a whole.

But by posting here, you are agreeing to the rules. Outside the forum, you are free to do as you wish.

you forgot to mention to buy the console and an old crt television
  14. Squall-Leonh@rt

well, a bios is required so.....
  15. dpence

dpence New Member

no it's not.....epsxe has it's own hle bios that works for virtually every game... saves between the hle and a real bios image are not interchangeable, but for the most part it works well
  16. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

PSX games are really nice in the way that you can use a computer with a CD/DVD/BR reader/burner/combo to make a rip of a game disc just as long as your drive reads sub channels (some really old/cheep ones are not recomended)
  17. Squall-Leonh@rt

yes, im sure HLE can boot libcrypt protected stuff.
  18. FoxSevent

Apparently it does, as long as you're not dumb enough to use ISO, tested few games with libcrypt all booted fine.
    Who knew.