FFT: ePSXe, PSXMemTool, FFTastics (Read)

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by fusioneko, Apr 1, 2007.

1. fusioneko

fusioneko Phrexian Blacksmith [Mir]

Ok Im sitting here waiting my time arround with things. So.. Lets start out since I expect you to already know, Im just gonna define them over.

ePSXe: Emulator (No Problem.)

PSXMemTool : Memory Card Tool & Utility (Possible Problem?)

FFTastics : (I don't see a problem here, Although it could be this.)

Im editing my FFT save data using FFTastics, It saves the data and reads the data just fine. So if I make changes save and close. and reopen the savefile. It acknowledges that it is there. I don't think its FFTastics. But it could be.

Im converting the MCR file to GME, then Editing with FFTastics, then once completed I convert the GME file that I just saved on back to a MCR file. I run the Emulator and load the memory card, I find no change, I repeat several times, Then convert the file I have in their to a GME and Check with FFTastics, The data is just exactly as it was when I edited it and saved.

I tried the process in many different ways. I deleted ALL the memory card files and placed in the FILE that I had converted into the memory card. Now I already make sure that The file HAS the same name. I even re-executed the program to make sure that the memory card wasn't preloaded. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Im including the memory card file and a link to the program I'm using.

LINK: Final Fantasy Tactics Downloads - Caves of Narshe
    LINK: PSXMemTool
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Ignis

Ignis New Member

Ive used FFTastic before myself and never had that problem. I advise you try a different memory card tool.
  4. fusioneko

I've used SEVERAL different memory card tools, I used the One from Aldo and others. I don't Have a clue at whats causing my problem yet.
  5. Ignis

Ignis New Member

Well I don't get it either to be honest but there is that other less impressive program to edit FFT saves, FFTedit. Maybe that would work for you.

Edit: This may sound like a crummy solution to you, but are there any emulators that can just read a .gme? maybe PSXeven can.

And now that i think of it i used my FFTastic .gme->.mcr files with pSX, epsxe had some bug with my xbox 360 controller that wouldn't let me press up in the status/camp screen.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  6. fusioneko

I havent tried any other emulators its alot more to hassle with having it be the one to hassle with it and plugins and such,
  7. Ignis

Ignis New Member

Theres one more thing I can think of right now, are you trying to change the files while you have FFT running? The game needs to be reset each time to see memory card changes.
  8. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Please can you at least get the name right?

Final Fantasy Tactics.
  9. fusioneko

What did I misspell. FFTastics. Is a program not the game.

EDIT:I did the fikrst time I shut off the emulator and did the edit and changes and It still didnt change.
  10. Ignis

Ignis New Member

Anyway you won't have to mess with plugins if you try pSX, fusion. I know FFTastic does do something odd to a save file when its first loaded, maybe epsxe isn't picking up on that?

Edit: Meh nevermind.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  11. fusioneko

Ill try and mess with something like a new emulator.
  12. RamzaHK

RamzaHK New Member

Sorry for the extreme bump. (Over 1 year old post >.>) But I am currently experiencing the problem fusioneko is/was having. I am using ePSXe emulator playing Final Fantasy Tactics with PSXMemTool and FFTedit. My process to try to edit my saved game is as follows.

1. Save the game.
    2. Turn off ePSXe.
    3. Open PSXMemTool 1.19b
    4. Load epsxe000.mcr
    5. Save it as epsxe000.gme
    6. Open the GME file in FFTedit.
    7. Edit the file to my liking.
    8. Save the GME file.
    9. Open with the PSXMemTool again.
    10. Save as epsxe000.mcr
    11. Put the new file in the memcards folder.
    12. I run the game and...! Nothing....

I have repeated this process numerous times, switched emulators, deleted the memory files, made new ones, reinstalled all of the programs I used, and even redownloading the ISO. Nothing works.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
  13. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

ePSXe can read .gme files, you don't have to convert the card back.
    What do you mean by nothing? Save file is not changed, it doesn't even exits or something third?

Are you using savestates in the process?
  14. RamzaHK

RamzaHK New Member

By nothing, I mean the game is in the same state as when I originally saved it, no changes, and thankyou, I didn't know ePSXe could read GME, I'll try that out right now.
    And no, I'm not using savestates, I'm using the actual in-game save.

EDIT:

Tried it again, but now it says that there is no saved data when I try to load my game. I kept as GME file this time.

[​IMG]

Any other suggestions? And thanks again for helping me.

EDIT 2:

I noticed that when I opened ePSXe again, it created another file: epsxe000, except it's a mcr file. Are you sure it can read GME memory card files?
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  15. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

Ok. I was asking because savestate contains a memorycard too and when you load
    a state the memorycard inside a savestate is loaded instead the one from the memcards directory.

You must set your active memorycard via Config->Memory Cards. I assume you just deleted the old .mcr file and replaced tr with .gme, right?
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  16. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

[​IMG]
  17. RamzaHK

RamzaHK New Member

OH MY GOSH THANKYOU!

I didn't know you had to select your memory card! Everything works perfectly! (Except for the fact that I am EXTREMELY rigged.) Thank you so much. :)
  18. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

:rolleyes: