Final Fantasy 7 PC

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by halohalo, May 18, 2004.

1. halohalo

halohalo New Member

Although it is much easier running ff7 on emulator. It is still possible to run ff7 PC with FSAA on nvidia's geforce series (I've tested gf2mx, gf3ti, gf4ti, gf4mx, fx5200, 5600, and 5900xt). So I got some snapshots of fx5900xt, gf4mx (with AGP8x), and voodoo2.

ATI's radeon series will cause grid problem on 2D background when FSAA is on, and there is no solution yet.

If voodoo5 users could post some snapshots, it would be very appreciated :)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. AnimeMagic

AnimeMagic New Member

i have ati radeon9200se and when i want to play the pc version of the game it just stops:(:D
  4. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

well it ran fine on my TNT2 m64, that was the last time i played it
  5. Modem1

Modem1 Ph33r teh hammy!

Runs fine on my Radeon 9000 Pro, even with the "ati" fix enabled. Heh heh. Going through both the PC and the PSX versions at the moment at the same time. I never freaking get tired of this game! :)
    - Modem
  6. DaHumAn

DaHumAn I feel old....

oh god i can never really play this game again, it took me forever to get all the materials for all magics and all that for every character, if i have to go thru it again i'd go crazy
  7. Mako Eyes

Mako Eyes Refrigerate after opening

Looks like we've got a cheater here . . . Using Aeris in the Gelnika ;)

I could never get the PC version working properly on my old ATi Rage 128 . . . That's like half the reason I got me a Voodoo3 3000.

Nice pics BTW
  8. halohalo

halohalo New Member

Besides, it is also possible to use high-quality Cloud in battle mode. :)

[​IMG]
  9. cooliscool

cooliscool Honda - Powered by Senna

Wow, that model looks badass. How'd you do that?

O.T - halohalo, how do you like that Tualatin / Asus TUSLC-2? ;) :D
  10. Vanit

Vanit Heretic Junior Contributor

Must... have... model...

My guess is its either a debug option for the PC version or he edited it himself... in which case he can't tease us like this so he has to give it out :)
  11. halohalo

halohalo New Member

Just download Dreakon's cloud-quality patch (cloudquality.zip) and apply the patch with LGP Tools 1.55.

cloudquality.zip:
    http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=2904&start=0

LGP Tools 1.55 (and ficedula.dll):
    http://ficedula.cjb.net/

Unzip cloudquality.zip to
    C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle
    And you can find out the file ff7cloudquality.ffpatch.

Make a backup of battle.lgp, then run LGP Tools 1.55. Choose Tools => Patches => Apply Patch. Apply ff7cloudquality.ffpatch and get high-quality Cloud in battle mode. :)

Well, compared with my old k6-2 400 + Asus TX97, the combination of Celeron 1.2Ghz + Tusl2-C is really faster. :D (Some people even use P3-S 1.4Ghz + Tusl2-C. But I can't afford it :rolleyes: )
  12. Raziel

Raziel Beta Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that model is the one you have when you fight sephiroth one vs one at the end, basically, I guess that with an Action Replay code it'd be possible too on PSOne.
  13. Mako Eyes

Mako Eyes Refrigerate after opening

Wow, I never noticed that before . . . that's pretty cool.
  14. ivalice

ivalice New Member

cool...like that I'm not going to get the PS version of FFVII, but I will get the PC version!!
    anyway, I think my savage 2000 graphic card can support the high quality thingie, I suppose
  15. halohalo

halohalo New Member

NVIDIA's driver supports 8-bit paletted textures emulation, which makes it possible to enable FSAA mode without graphical glitches.

For most modern video cards without 8-bit paletted textures support, like ATI's Radeon series, FSAA will cause graphical glitches. So I guess PS version will be a better choice than PC version, if you use savage 2000. :)
  16. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

The FX series dropper the 8-bit palletised texures support, IIRC.
  17. halohalo

halohalo New Member

8-bit paletted textures support emulation is enabled by default. So geforce series(fx series included) will pass the test when running ff7config1.02.

However, in order to enable 2x2 AA, RivaTuner is necessary. 2x2 AA is a hidden FSAA mode for new geforce chips (gf3, gf4ti, fx series).
  18. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

It's just a supersampling mode, which will be identical to the old geForce/2 method of antialiasing.
  19. halohalo

halohalo New Member

Yes, that is why gf2 users can enable FSAA without grid-line glitches in 2D background.

RivaTuner added 2x2 AA support for gf3(or above) since Detonator 4x.xx. Because NVIDIA's control panel will not show this old AA mode when using gf3(or above), 2x2 AA is hidden by default. :)
  20. ivalice

ivalice New Member

I thought there's a patch needed for users playing FFVII PC version with Geforce series card?
  21. halohalo

halohalo New Member

NVIDIA fixed 8-bit paletted support emulation, so gf2 users and gf4mx users can play PC version without problem. Then RivaTuner makes it possible for gf3, gf4ti, and fx series to set 2x2 AA, so users of geforce series can enjoy the game with FSAA enabled.

You can find out more information about the issue from:
    http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=2670

:) :) :) :) :)