Final Fantasy III Steam

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by shinra358, May 27, 2014.

1. shinra358

shinra358 Member

PSP EMULATOR:
    [​IMG]

PC VERSION:
    [​IMG]

Square-Enix blunders again xD
    Only thing pc version did right was the huds and 2D title screens. Everything else is ashy, pixelated, and not even true 16:9...
    No hotplugging support, no xinput display support, and no graphic option support.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

But but... the description says:

• New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences
    • Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game record
    • New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
    • Upgraded graphics for PC
    • Includes Steam Trading Cards & Achievements
  4. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

I'm confused regarding which looks better, but at least the emulator has attenuating circumstances...
  5. shinra358

shinra358 Member

You have to view both pics at their fullest to see (not me though xD ). Inside the character, you can see pixelation lines on his clothes, eyes, etc and the background is horribly pixelated. Plus no AA at all. Only thing upgraded is the hud, speech boxes, menus, and that's it. Otherwise, they just uprezzed the internal rez and left it alone lol.

The speech boxes aren't pretty to look at in the emulated version, but what the pc version is missing outweighs that one gripe about the emulated version.

Here's comparison's for PC, PSP, and DS:

PPSSPP: [​IMG]

PC: [​IMG]

Desmume: [​IMG]

PC and PSP versions lack the motion blur effect. No gallery for pc either.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Wut?! Does nearest sampling count as "enhanced PC graphics" now? WTF....
  7. Hard core Rikki

It means "we made it widescreen" nowadays...
  8. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Lol, something's wrong with square-enix I tellya.
  9. Hard core Rikki

Extremely slow delivery mainly... This leaves them financially vulnerable for long whiles, and prone to release mobile cashgrabs.

With Square, there's only complete trash and masterpieces, with nothing in-between.
  10. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

you should also compare the IOS/android version

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Technically, the PC version IS the IOS/Android port but has the PSP intro video.
  12. Yeloazndevil

it may be based on the IOS/Android port but that doesn't mean anything when comparing graphics between different platforms
  13. Hard core Rikki

I used to be a little excited about Square releases on Steam, but now...
    I guess I'll skip this until it's rockbottom cheap rather than sit out on mobile versions, for the convenience of cloud saves.
  14. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Is Square even doing the ports or are they having other companies do it for them? Their non-port pc games seem fine. It's the port to pc games that are always being awful.
  15. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

I remember when Square meant something +, although they have gotten good reviews of bravely default.
    They should have brought that to steam instead.
  16. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Hard to be excited by any SE release nowadays. I've really low FFXV expectations too, especially after the trend how companies make trailers and the looks fall utterly short when the game gets released (DSII, W_D are prime examples).
  17. Yeloazndevil

only SE release I was excited about in recent years was Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection on psp, since its a proper 2d remake
  18. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

^I was actually hoping for that on a Steam release on the PC, but now i wonder... or you could say i'm afraid...

I actually read that as "New visual design for PC master race". I was like WTF ??? Then my brain started working again properly and pointed me to my mistake.

---------------------------------------

Though there is one thing that i do thing you guys are kind of doing it wrong, the shot with PPSSPP is one where the game is highly enhanced due to PPSSPP enhancement options, the PSP version isn't nearly that good looking and emulation isn't something supported by square or backed by any official company, so compared to the previous FF III releases this one is indeed enhanced like they said.
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  19. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

It still is a lousy port and a quick cash in from SE.
  20. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

Seems Square Enix discovered the PC Market and now tries to really get in. Anyway, it would have been far more cool to have a FF-X or FF-XII PC port than this. But seeing how it goes, maybe we will have FF-XV on PC finally.
  21. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

^While i agree with you i think that first they are testing a bit the market, probably we will see first the ones that are easier to port and cash in, and if they see potential in it then maybe we will see some of the more current FF games as well. I wouldn't count though for FFX or FF-XII probably because there's some sony exclusivity signed for them, otherwise i doubt they wouldn't have also released the HD remaster for the Xbox as well.

I did not deny that they could have done better, the least they could have done is include some filtering, but at least its something, hopefully if they see the potential of the market they will step up their game. And the main point of my post was the comparison to PPSSPP which was not fair at all. And to be honest it doesn't even seem that lousy at all, except for graphics seems pretty solid actually.