Final Fantasy IV text jumbled glitch

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Blondie987, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Blondie987

Blondie987 New Member

Has anyone found a fix for the jumbled can't make heads or tails of it text in the FF4 rom? I can make out bits and pieces of it but all in all i can't read squat! lol. if anyone has found a fix or would know how to fix this so that the text is readable would be most appreciated
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Carmofin

Carmofin New Member

there is a fix by a japanese guy called "no$pmp", unfortunately it only works on the japanese version and noone seems to be interested in porting it, or interested in it period.
  4. Tsuska

Tsuska Pulse

Use the ideas emulator. Works well on that. Sound and speed seems to be a problem though.
  5. Carmofin

Carmofin New Member

no offense, but what are you babbling about?
    it fixes one issue and adds about a dozen others, its completely unplayable on ideas, just like almost every single other game is unplayable on ideas.
  6. Butz_san

Butz_san DeSmuME user :D

No offense to you either. No$GBA is a great emu, but Ideas is equal and sometimes better than No$GBA, Final Fantasy IV is playable with Ideas at 60fps (If you configure the emu) the problem is the graphics, but that happens in every single emu. The last Desmume version (posted in Emulation news) went ingame with Final Fantasy IV also. Dragon Quest IV is unplayable with No$GBA even with the fix of the japanese guy. The game is slow as hell in the world map but if you use Ideas you got a great speed, almost perfect :) You need a good CPU in order to use Ideas.

Both emus are great :thumb:
  7. P_RePTiLe

P_RePTiLe PReP - Lizard of Reason

You could also try to read up on the text on your original catridge on your console that you bought, and use that as reference in the meantime :)
  8. Carmofin

Carmofin New Member

theres always a problem with ideas ;)
    im not saying ideas as a project is bad, im sure itll get there, but i havent seen a single game run flawlessly just yet and in every topic here sooner or later someone shows up and is like "but the game runs perfectly in ideas, but you have no sound/no graphics/no controls/i havent tried yet", hence my remark.
  9. jujukid

jujukid New Member

Although I can get high fps with ideas, the fps is really unstable. Also, the audio sucks and the controls don't work.
  10. Butz_san

Butz_san DeSmuME user :D

The control does work, just need to configure it little bit, that's all :)
  11. speyeker

speyeker New Member

That we know of, anyway...at least yet. I can definitely see that being ported sometime in the near future. :)
  12. jujukid

jujukid New Member

I have tried changing the keys and using the default. Is there something I'm missing?
  13. vandammage13

vandammage13 New Member

Yeah this thing definitely needs to get fixed...I'm playing the game right now, but it would be so much better if the text was working.