Final Fantasy IX - Best render settings! ePSXe

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Roxtonn, Mar 28, 2015.

?

Did you like it?

1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Can be better.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. greyattack

greyattack New Member

Hey they have the game FF9 HD for 20 bucks on STEAM check it out, otherwise use my settings and download the shader i posted and apply it. just ready my posts from about a year ago and youll be satisfied
  2. cloudbill

cloudbill Seasoned ePSXe User

Only the 3D models and the FMV's are HD. The pre-rendered backgrounds look a total mess. The PC port is just a half-*ssed cash grab to be honest. If the shader authors on this very forum can code shaders to makes pre-rendered backgrounds look acceptable when upscaled why couldn't a person whose earns a living coding games do the same?
  3. greyattack

greyattack New Member

Dude the FF9 HD remaster is exactly that HD High Definition remastered all graphics in the game it looks amazing
  4. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Hooo boy, you must've been hit in the head really hard to be this dumb, as cloudbill said there is nothing HD about the FF9 port, it's just unscaled FF9 with improved character models and FMVs and nothing else, ePSXe can do equally or in some aspects even better job then this lazy port, the pre-rendered backgrounds are as bad as the day the were drawn, and since square never bothered to keep the source files they would have to redraw every background in the game.
    I truly love games that use pre-rendered backgrounds but sadly nowadays it's a dead art form.
    I only recommend it for mobile and only during price cuts, the controls are actually pretty good, but for PC just use ePSXe.
    cloudbill likes this.
  5. greyattack

greyattack New Member

Get a pair of glasses, you must be a fkin idiot. youre not smart now get a life and you jerk it fagget
  6. FoxSevent

Oh really, then how about you try to tell which of these pics are ePSXe and which steam version and without looking at the character models, or try to compare them to what people been posting here.
    Cn0xMg3.png j1gUTgI.png

DbNTwWx.png msMaIka.png

cQC9KPs.png GH40mu1.png

Mind you these are without shaders, so on ePSXe it still can be improved.

Also this.

7. greyattack

greyattack New Member

Yeah its becuase you need a better PC. your graphics card is a piece of shit, kinda reminds me of your opinions
  8. FoxSevent

You know what else is a piece of shit.... YOUR MOM!!!
  9. cloudbill

cloudbill Seasoned ePSXe User

I miss the days when the mods were more active. Oh well, I guess less traffic means less moderation. It's a reasonable assumption.
  10. FoxSevent

Yeah,the entire ps emulation scene Has been far less active then in our hayday.