Final Fantasy IX is choppy...suggestions?

Discussion in 'PSXeven Discussion' started by AdventureMan, Dec 21, 2005.

1. AdventureMan

AdventureMan New Member

I just got Final Fantasy9 running a few days ago but the music skips alot...like every time i enter a battle (Random or otherwise) it chops up, skips, and slows down...then gets back to normal. Im wondering if my settings may be off, or if i need another plug in?

Im using version 0.19 of PSXeven. I would appretiate any and all your help to make the music run smoothly.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Sword for hire...a Pro

First make an iso image from the CD (check how it works)
    then post your specs
    and then post your emu config
    thank you
  4. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

are your FPS steady? (i.e. straight up 59.9) if not, then that's your problem. post your computer specs and we'll recomment a config (like blue spirit said).

if the game is running steady, it's probably your sound plugin. use Eternal 1.41 and try SPUasync --> Smooth.
  5. AdventureMan

AdventureMan New Member

Even worse...

OK guys...2 things...One, sorry...i dont know what you mean, or how to find out my 'specs', 'emu config' or how to make an iso to check how it works...

And an even worse problem now...because i just kept playing as i had already been playing for 6 n a half hours (not in one day, hehe)..and i got to the part where you're at Lindblum castle without ANY trouble...everything working fine...

and i woke up in the morning...and i went downstairs n across the street to the little thing (right after watching the ATE of Steiner eating the pickles)...and i go into this store across the street and its an ATE starts...its of Vivi...and at that point it freezes! I dont kno what it is, the CD looks fine itself...i hope im not just on the wrong emulator, and it can't go that far. Maybe its my settings, whats your take guys?

Thanks...

Nick
  6. hushypushy

specs like...your CPU and its speed, your graphics card, and how much RAM you have.

what plugins are you using? and what are their configurations? pete's plugins have a copy to clipboard function, so just paste it.
  7. AdventureMan

AdventureMan New Member

SPecs...

ok i right clicked on 'my computer' and then properties and heres what i got..

AMDAthlon[tm] XP 2400+
    2.00ghz, 512MB Ram

I THINK graphics card is RADEON9600 series. If thats an actual graphics card, thats what i have. I went to control panel, display, and then settings for that info.

I dont kno what configurations my plugins are...but here are the names of all the plugins in my 'plug ins' folder:

spuNull7.dll
    padSeguDIKey.dll
    gpuPeopsSoft114.dll
    cdrXeven.dll
    spuPeopsDSound.dll
    gpuPeopsSoft.dll
    cdr.dll

Ok i dont even know if i need all these, but i couldn't get the game to work at all at first, so i downloaded a bunch of plug ins and dont think i deleted all the ones that didn't work.

If i double click on one it asks me what i want to open it with...so i dont know how to do the 'copy to clipboard' function, i may not have the same kinds of things.

I really hope this answers the questions or gives you enough information...Thanks for the support
  8. hushypushy

ok, you can use this then. definitely heed the instructions about ATi cards ;)
  9. AdventureMan

AdventureMan New Member

Well..

Good news and bad news.

I put in all of your plug ins...and my pictures work WAY better. The pixels are smooth and cinematics look alot better (i started game from the beginning to check out the close up of the princess and the waves crashing on the boat scene...very fresh)

Bad news is, the game still slows up right before i get into a battle...but thats not too bad, i delt with it this long. (I got about 6:30 hrs of game play in...)so i could deal with it.

Now...the game freezes at a certain point. I think the problem is the disk though. Even tho it is virtually scratch free...i've played with games in way worse condition that worked fine. It keeps messin up at one particular point. Its the ATE called "Vivi's shopping". Im wondering if im going to have to buy a new disk. I dunno.

Is there a way to convert stuff from one memory card to another, of a different emulator..cuz i was gonna see if that part works on a different emulator, and then i could just transfer it back to this one after i get past it. Anybody? (im going to repost this create a new thread for this too, incase i dont get replies to the question) Thanks again for your help.
  10. hushypushy

just put it in the other emulator. PSXeven, SSSPSX and ePSXe read each other's memory cards.
  11. Xeven

Xeven <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD Emu Author

If you're using the default sound card (PEOPS) try disabling the "Change XA Speed" option. Otherwise try using ethernal plugin, and enable the FF specific options in it. Also limit the fps to around 60 - 65 fps only. Is it the NTSC/US version btw?
  12. kaara27

kaara27 New Member

Uhm. Hi? What's the best configuration for me?

AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor
    3000+
    2.01 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

I use OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 or is there any better plug ins than openGL2? Help me please. Thanks! :)
  13. Princess Garnet

Princess Garnet From Love and Limerence

As I said in my other thread, best to start a new thread than reply to existing ones (especially very old existing ones!).

First, this forum is for PSXeven, and I believe your using ePSXe. So, wrong thread, and wrong forum. See alot of old members in here though.

Lastly, drop to an OpenGL 1.7 version. A GeForce FX5500 will cope much better with that.
  14. kaara27

kaara27 New Member

Oh! I am really sorry! I did not know that this is for PSXeven users. Silly me. But I really want to thank you for your help! I'll try OpenGL 1.7 and I hope it will work. Thank you very much!! :)