Next Generation Emulation banner

final fantasy X screenshot

3K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  Shadow Lady 
#1 ·
hey, I was just wandering in a FFX page, and I found this special screenshot of shiva!!!!!!! :love:

#2 ·
Originally posted by takmadeus
hey, I was just wandering in a FFX page, and I found this special screenshot of shiva!!!!!!! :love:
man that's old hat....but i sure like to see that quality in an emu in three, four years though. :)

G
#9 ·
The original one sounded better ... (the one in MP3 *serach* Hmm, this HD is a mess, maybe it even got deleted during my crash ... ah well, will attach it when I found it).
Anyway, this game is HOT ... now when I'd just understand japanese :) What's the US release again ? Early 2001 I heard ?

#11 · (Edited)
Originally posted by Bobbi
The original one sounded better ... (the one in MP3 *serach* Hmm, this HD is a mess, maybe it even got deleted during my crash ... ah well, will attach it when I found it).
Anyway, this game is HOT ... now when I'd just understand japanese :) What's the US release again ? Early 2001 I heard ?
yep, Spring 2002 for the US (along with the release of FFXI in Japan), and Summer 2002 for you European guys. :p meanwhile, FFXI for US will be released in Fall 2002.

Final Fantasy X revealed to North America

At an event held at the Metreon in San Francisco, SquareSoft unveiled a nearly complete build of the North America version of its upcoming PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy X. We played several sections in the game, which had all of the English voice over and text already in. As reported, James Arnold Taylor, who provided the voice of Walla in the Fox animated show Futurama, is the voice of the game's lead character Tidus, while Hedy Burress, who appeared in the television sitcom Boston Common, will bring life to Yuna in her first voice-over assignment. Most of the voices used in the game, generally fit the characters to a tee--the voices for Rikku and Auron are particularly good. However, tidus' voice, for example, sounds a bit shrill at first, but it must be considered that he's only 17-years-old in the game. And the voice samples provided by Taylor do match his teenage naivety and bravado. The general lip-synching is a bit off, but that can be expected, considering that the original facial animations were synched to the Japanese voice-overs.

At the event, SquareSoft officially confirmed that Final Fantasy X will not include the alternate Japanese voice track, so players will only have access to the English voices and subtitles. Aside from the English voices, judging from the sections of the game shown, it seems that the story, gameplay, and general look of the game will remain identical to the Japanese version for the game's North American release.

Final Fantasy X is currently on schedule to be released in January for the North American PS2.

Source: Gamespot

#12 ·
heheh! gotta improve the MIDI format... no?

here goes aeris' theme.. LOL

G
#13 ·
Originally posted by Keiichi

yep, Spring 2002 for the US (along with the release of FFXI in Japan), and Summer 2002 for you European guys. :p meanwhile, FFXI for US will be released in Fall 2002.

Yeah, europe gets it last ... but while looking at my FFX jap CD, and at that funny print out here confirming my pre-order of FFX US, I doubt this will be of any problem to me :)

Oh yeah, found the track ... gonna upload it in a bit, it sounds much better than the midi one to say at least :) Which also gets me to a new idea, that a new forum on NGEmu soon might be a good idea, where we post the best songs from OST's ... what do you think ?

#14 · (Edited)
IMO is a great idea, since i'm assuming you know just how much bandwidth and space that'd take. :p Maybe MIDIs for battles themes and such would be a better option IF space and bandwidth is a consideration.

#15 ·

Yeah, europe gets it last ... but while looking at my FFX jap CD, and at that funny print out here confirming my pre-order of FFX US, I doubt this will be of any problem to me :)

Oh yeah, found the track ... gonna upload it in a bit, it sounds much better than the midi one to say at least :) Which also gets me to a new idea, that a new forum on NGEmu soon might be a good idea, where we post the best songs from OST's ... what do you think ?
It's a great idea!, but allowing to post the music directly, without needing to download it OK?

G
#16 ·
Well, that is the clue ... bandwidth and space are supposed to grow a HELL lot during the next week ... we plan to move on to a new server, which gives us 2 new HD's (30 GB each) and a dedicated 10 MBit line (if you calculate ... we would theoreticly be able to transfer 3000 GB a month with that one) ... that's the only reason I started thinking about that.

On the other hand, it's certain that we can't allow everyone to upload/download songs ... maybe something to prevent spamers like the 15 post rule we currently have for changing avaters ?

Feedback is always welcome :)

#17 · (Edited)
I remember suggesting that exact idea in the general discussions forum a while back.. It seemed like a good idea but bandwidtch considerations became an issue..

There would need to be a play button as to not hear all the music from different replies at once.. Are we talking mp3's here? that 200k limit is not gonna cut it, I think.. But for midis, it should be sufficient.. How about snes sound dumps(spc)... Those sound better than their midi counterparts.. If only someone could incorporate spc playing into web browsers like midi and mp3 have..

#19 · (Edited)
Premium Members = Buy something from the NGEmu shop.

Right? :p

or

Premium Members = NGEmu customers OR Regulars with 7+ stars and up. :p

#20 · (Edited)
If anyone buying from a store became a highly trusted person, you'd have a lot more gullible chains. I'd assume a highly trusted person would have to be under fairly stringent rules to have access to this potentially problematic idea. Certainly wouldn't want every other guy who bought a three dollar item to be uploading whatever he pleases.

G
#22 ·
No, premium members are VERY rare ... they include staff members, really big contributors (and that isn't calculated with the post count, stars you have or anything else, that's done by an admin), emu authors and others ... being a premium member has certain cool features, of which the first one will be announced this evening.

On the other hand, there's the so called contributor level ... I thought it'd be cool to give those, who contribute towards NGEmu by purchasing something in the shop or contributing something directly (some people already offered to send money, not sure why they would do so, but okay :)) ... those members won't be able to upload stuff - but they'll belong to those being able to download them (beside a part of the board, I think I'll set the frontier at 4 or 5 stars) ... and they'll get premium access to the future announced this evening ... you'll have to see yourself what this is really about though ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.