Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
No, premium members are VERY rare ... they include staff members, really big contributors (and that isn't calculated with the post count, stars you have or anything else, that's done by an admin), emu authors and others ... being a premium member has certain cool features, of which the first one will be announced this evening.

On the other hand, there's the so called contributor level ... I thought it'd be cool to give those, who contribute towards NGEmu by purchasing something in the shop or contributing something directly (some people already offered to send money, not sure why they would do so, but okay :)) ... those members won't be able to upload stuff - but they'll belong to those being able to download them (beside a part of the board, I think I'll set the frontier at 4 or 5 stars) ... and they'll get premium access to the future announced this evening ... you'll have to see yourself what this is really about though ;)

hey bobbi, are you going to take us (normal members, who want to stay here and be a important part for the scene) out from here? I mean really not out but, an class appart of members?
why? are you that bad?

Argh!!! I was going to buy this game on July when I went to Korea. But...I didnt have a mod chip and I cant even read Japanese. :'( :( :( :(

Originally posted by SepHirotH OmEgA
hey bobbi, are you going to take us (normal members, who want to stay here and be a important part for the scene) out from here? I mean really not out but, an class appart of members?
why? are you that bad?
Huh, take the other members out ? Certainly not, but you gotta see my point that we can't download ANYONE that stuff, we have to restrict that somewhere ... so most likely something like every three star (100 posts) or 4 star (200 posts) member will also be able to :)

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Originally posted by Bobbi

Huh, take the other members out ? Certainly not, but you gotta see my point that we can't download ANYONE that stuff, we have to restrict that somewhere ... so most likely something like every three star (100 posts) or 4 star (200 posts) member will also be able to :)
hey.. but I wouldn't be better if the members with the highest rank were able to upload like once a week and with the admins permission?

Please, no....

"At the event, SquareSoft officially confirmed that Final Fantasy X will not include the alternate Japanese voice track, so players will only have access to the English voices and subtitles."

NO! Oh man, my worst fear has been realized. I am a huge proponent of outlawing dubbing. I know this topic is supposed to be about screenshots and whatnot, but to me this is horrible news.

I have been watching anime since I was 6 years old. Probably sooner than that, although I might not have known it at the time. And one thing I can say is, dub jobs suck. I have seen a LOT of dubbed anime, and it is all terrible. Not only are the voice actors just pitiful, but 9/10 huge important pieces of information or just general emotional or factual conotations are lost. By the time you have a sixty hour long story, all these little pieces add up and often you will end up missing the big picture.

I have also been playing Final Fantasy since I was six...if you read in the ePSXe forums under a topic named something like "which is a better RPG: 7 or 9?" you can find my opinion on nearly all the games.

This however, is an awful blow to me. Although I havent been massively impressed with the games lately, I did have high hopes for FFX. The problem is, I absolutely find dub jobs intolerable. Heck, sometimes the dubbing in an animations original language is pretty awful. Just look at Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. In my humble opinion, the dub job in that movie took it from an average movie down to mediocre. And I happen to love computer graphics at that. (Well, in all fairness the dialog lines the actors were given were pretty sorry...I guess they did the best they could)

But, rest assured, I will be writing square soft as soon as I get done here. If I knew how to start a petition I would. This is simply ridiculous...they have a DVD with up to 4.7 GB capacity, and they cant include the japanese dialog? I know the game is probably quite huge with those detailed wireframes and textures, but still....

Even though it is good to see they got at least one professional voice actor, I really dont see this doing very well. At least, not in my home. I hope Square can and will reconsider thier decsion...it would be so easy to put in an options language select inside the inventory/character status/abilities menu.

Well, thanks for sticking around for this rant if you made it this far...Im off to go and try to find SquareSofts email address. Wish me luck.

TastEPlasma

well.. even with the huge space the DVD offers.. i don't think they would be able to fit both english and japanese dubs on only one disk.. but i could always be wrong.. goodluck..

Originally posted by takmadeus

hey.. but I wouldn't be better if the members with the highest rank were able to upload like once a week and with the admins permission?
No, as the people with the highest posts aren't equal to the most trusted ones.

Well, I would argue (quickly) that ALL animations are dubbed. It is just a matter of whether or not the animation was designed for the language of the sound track dubbed over it.

TastEPlasma

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Originally posted by Bobbi

No, as the people with the highest posts aren't equal to the most trusted ones.
so... gotta test the most trusted to see if they worth the risk...

because as you may noticed, is rather hard to buy on-line, because many of us live in different places of the world, and many don't have a credit card......

and maybe... we don´t have money

:):):D:D:):)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.