Game doesn't load/stuck at PS2 browser

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by ZW Neo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ZW Neo

ZW Neo New Member

Hello. I recently decided to go ahead and put my PS2 games on my computer since I'm going on vacation soon and don't want to bring my consoles with me. However, there seems to be a problem.

When I attempt to boot my Ace Combat 0 ISO, it simply takes me to the browser and refuses to load the game. I don't understand why it does this, and I was hoping someone here could help me out. I was thinking that maybe ISOs don't work, but I ripped it directly from the game disk, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

I would really like an answer as soon as possible, so if anyone can help me, please do. Thanks in advance.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

what software did you use?
  4. ZW Neo

ZW Neo New Member

BlindWrite. It rips DVDs and games.
  5. Squall-Leonhart

what format is the image in.
  6. ZW Neo

ZW Neo New Member

Beg your pardon? Do you mean like ISO, CSO, etc.? Because I said in the first post that it's an ISO.
  7. Squall-Leonhart

yeah, problem is we have newbs posting that they made an iso when infact they made a clonecd image or an alchol media descriptor image, so it helps to verify the exact image format and file extension.

Anyway, if you are using the latest Wx builds of PCSX2, you will have a CDVD menu. if using a plugin to read iso's or one of the drive reading plugins (in case you mount the image) you need to set it to Plugin. If directly reading an iso via the built in iso reader (which can actually fail to work properly on occasion, with certain disks.... ie DBZ:BT2) you set it to ISO.

Best bet is, the built in reader doesn't support the disk structure itself, might have better luck with one of the iso reader plugins.
  8. redlofredlof

redlofredlof troubleshooter Award Winner!

In the pcsx2 config. look for CD/DVD plugin.
    Select p.E.op.S cd/dvd plugin
    and configure it.
    In its config. browse for your ISO game file and select it.
    You are probably getting browser because you are running the default cd/dvd null plugin. Any other plugin will lead straight to an error if a proper image is not selected.
  9. ZW Neo

ZW Neo New Member

Figured it out. Something must've went wrong when I ripped the game, because it was corrupted. However, I now have the problem that it refuses to respond to commands. It just sits at the "Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War" screen and flashes "[Press Start.]"

The controllers are configured, so I can't imagine why it's doing this. Any ideas?