Game News / Trailers

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Gladiator@, Mar 30, 2010.

1. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

People shouldn't preorder DLCs (ultimate editions or season passes), don't trust companies like Capcom.
  2. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Robinson: The Journey is a VR game made by CryTek. It was released for Playstation VR in November and they've now announced a PC release in January.
    They announced it for the Oculus Rift, no confirmation for the Vive.

The game wasn't that well received. It was generally described as gorgeous, awe-inspiring by moments, but with bad gameplay. It also seems relatively short for a game (maybe not so much for a VR game).
  3. Samor

Samor Foundry

That kind of sums up every CryTek game ever.
  4. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

The first Crysis had a really fun physics engine, I loved how the houses would fall apart. It made combat and exploration way more fun. And the first Far Cry wasn't bad (tho I didnt finish it).
    Afterward... Yeah. Probably been 8 years since they released a full game that was fun to play.
  5. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

Hardly anyone finished the first Far Cry. I've played it, and Dark Souls is a cakewalk in comparison.
  6. Samor

Samor Foundry

I didn't finish the first Crysis... it was pretty, but a little boring.
  7. Linktothepast

Linktothepast Deus ex machina

Frankly i feel like that with most fps games, there are way too many in the market and boring for me too. I think Half life 2 was the last fps i finished... And it was great but i couldn't bother myself with all the flud of fps that folowed.
    Kellicros likes this.
  8. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

I agree, I am never a fan of FPS games, just couldnt get into them. I guess the Fallout games are the closest things to FPS that I have ever played and finished.
  9. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

I think Half Life 2 was just too good for it's time and almost everything that followed couldn't surpass it or even give the same experience. Just thinking about HL2 brings back fond memories :)
  10. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

You guys try F.E.A.R, TimeShift, Bioshock, The Darkness.
  11. Linktothepast

Linktothepast Deus ex machina

From the list above I tried FEAR and Bioshock, didn't like FEAR that much playing the demo so i never bothered with it again. Bioshock Infinite was better and interesting and while i progressed in the story i haven't finished it either, i am just revisiting it sporadically and move forward a bit.
  12. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

Tried F.E.A.R franchise, finished the last two but not the first. Decent fun games but nothing spectacular. Never got the chance to really delve into Bioshock though.
  13. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Didn't like F.E.A.R, but played the sequel a bit.

Just got Timeshift, haven't played it yet.

Suck at Bioshock, stuck on the last mission on Bioshock Infinite. Haven't played the Darkness, I think I have it? Nope, I have Darkness II.
  14. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

Can't blame you. But this game is one of them with the best A.I I have ( ever ? ) played. I think I'm going to play it for the second time when I'll have more...time.
  15. Samor

Samor Foundry

I usually play through fps because I like the story, not because they have exceptionally good gameplay.... although Medal of Honour: Allied Assault was quite intense.
  16. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

I think i finished FEAR 2 for at least 3 times, and many more will come, atm i played all games in the series, i love it.
  17. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

Wouldn't lie though, the first two Modern Warfare had my adrenaline going in some missions. Sniper stage in the first one with Price and the Brazil mission in the second when you're escaping... Favela I think it was.
    Samor likes this.
  18. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

can't wait for the 2nd game
    Strike105X likes this.
  19. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

What game is that? I'm interested.

Okay never mind. Remembered enough Japanese to make out the title lol.
  20. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Personally can't wait for the first one to reach PC! That said nice, hope this comes to PC as well.