Game News / Trailers

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Gladiator@, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

After some troubled development, "Rime" was re-revealed, in a way. The developers got new publishers and they're now releasing the game on PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch. Should release in approximately 5 months.
    A puzzle/adventure game.
    koko and Silenus like this.
  2. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Strike105X likes this.
  3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

4. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

5. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

FOUR YEARS?!

Once again MS proves that they are NOT dev friendly. They're like EA, they force devs to create trash MP modes into their games.
  6. Thanakil

The cancellation of Scalebound reminded me of EA for a different reason.
    EA got a reputation for getting smaller studios under their control, mismanaging them, cancelling their games and eventually closing down the studios.
    Sadly, we've seen this happen recently with MS.

Phantom Dust reboot cancelled (Darkside Studio closed down), Fable Legends cancelled (Lionhead closed down), Project Spark cancelled (Team Dakota is MIA), Project Knoxville cancelled (Press Play closed down).
    Scalebound being cancelled is a pretty big blow. On one hand, cancelling games is a sad reality of the game industry. Sometime, it HAS to happen. Not every project will reach completion.
    But that's quite a few games being cancelled for a generation currently 3 years old, it's not reassuring.

My only hope is that most of the games that have been cancelled so far were announced back at E3 2013 and 2014. So maybe this is simply the result of Microsoft changing their vision for the future of the console and deciding to put an end to previous projects, which don't fit this new vision. It still sucks in the sense that people got excited for those games, but at least it would mean they won't cancel anymore game.
    But if it's just a result of MS mismanaging the studios, then that sucks and may continue.
    koko likes this.
  7. Strike105X

Canceling Scalebound seems like a bad move regardless of their vision... It hurts everyone imho... It hurts devs, it hurts fans, it hurts the platforms... I don't see how they couldn't integrate it into their new vision.
  8. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

MS just made clear how retarded they are......
  9. Samor

Samor Foundry

Yeah, even if it's a logical decision because of troubled development, MS could have expected the backlash... so, you'd wonder if it's a smart move.

Also, IMO the number of MS exclusives is drying up rather quickly... I like the XB1S (it's my main media box in the living room) but apart from ReCore, FH3 and a few smaller releases I haven't been getting a lot of new games for it... instead, since I was late to the party I've bought older releases and am enjoying 360 compatibility, but the number of interesting new exclusive titles coming up seems... well, small.
  10. Thanakil

It's probably only worth it if the game was gonna be as bad and hollow as No Man's Sky. But even in cases like that one, you can typically salvage a game by delaying it.
    I would appreciate it if they told us why the game was cancelled instead of reworked. What made them decide it couldn't be salvaged at all. But companies rarely comment publicly on this.

-----------------

Title 3 update for GoW4. I think it mainly focuses on multiplayer content, but maybe it has some SP stuff too:
    https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...ls/990fbe4c-603d-493b-b6cf-c8302fd86120/posts
  11. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

It's hard to say to be honest because they were working on the game since 4 years and put a lot of efforts in it. Maybe they had issues in the development and were too far behind??? MS was investing in the game so there is for sure a reason we will probably never know. However, i think Japanese devs that make games for the Xbox make half-hearted games in my opinion this generation for the console. Characters looks meh and animations are way off even if they are masters in that area on other systems. It may be me but that's what i have seen.

As for the Xbox.... i can see a lot of games still eventhough Scalebound was my most expected game this year so there is still plently of fun.
  12. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

I remember when people said ZombiU, Sonic Lost World and Lego City will never come to other platforms...
    Silenus likes this.
  13. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Horizon is beautiful.
    Very interested in that.

But it looks so good that I can't help but nitpick the facial expressions. Where is the grief and anger in the group scene?

They need to capture more emotion. That's what I can tell from the trailer.
  14. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

I just hope Horizon isn't a movie more than a game...loooks to have a lot of cut scenes.
  15. Samor

Samor Foundry

When I saw the first few seconds of the Mario Odyssey trailer I seriously thought it was a remake of Sonic Adventure... only it wasn't water jumping out of the manhole, it was Mario.
  16. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

GOTY
    Strike105X likes this.
  17. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

18. Thanakil

Seriously Koko, what the heck? We already know what the GOTY is gonna be.
  19. Thanakil

An Adult Swim game which just released on Steam and Xbox:

It's apparently quite enjoyable, but very short.
    Samor likes this.
  20. Strike105X

Yup GOTY, this made up my mind gonna get a PS4 just for this!
    koko likes this.