GameBoid to VBA save files? PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by ijoshv2, Dec 4, 2010.

1. ijoshv2

ijoshv2 New Member

Okay, so i had an android phone, and i was using the application GameBoid on the phone to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and i was doing very well, i got very far in the game and i was happy, until my phone crashed. I was able to recover the save files and everything from the sd card, and i was hoping that it would be able to play in the VBA player, but it wouldn't load at all.. Is there some kind of convert i can do so i can make the save file that i pulled off my sd card playable on the VBA player? I'm gonna attach the save file form my phone to the thread so you can download it and see exactly what i'm talking about. :) thank you in advance!!

Go EMUFORUMS!!:thumb:
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

You may be able to import the sav file with the import function in VBA's file menu, I'm not sure, but the other two seem like savestates linked to Gameboid and those you can't do anything with.
  4. Saintphillipe

Saintphillipe New Member

Solved this

In Visual Boy Advance go to:
    Options > Emulator > Save Type >
    instead of "Automatic" select "Flash"
    and in the lower parte select "Flash 128k"

In Gameboid go to:
    Settings > Other Settings > GBA save type >
    instead of "Automatic" select "Flash (128k)"

now you can simple copy the .sav file from your PC to your Android and it will read the battery file.

Hope this helped, it sure helped me.

Regards,
    Phillipe
  5. JayyRyy

JayyRyy New Member

Wont Work

Hello, After recently viewing you post i thought this is it :) Unfortunatly i cannot seem to get the method to work for me. I copy the save to the file on my phone where my saves usually go, and when i boot the app there are no game saves to load :( Any ideas?
  6. Saintphillipe

Saintphillipe New Member

make sure

not many ideas, this is what worked for me.
    plz doublecheck that you are sending the recently made 128k flash .sav file

what i do is that in WINDOWS i view the files by "details" instead of "icon, big icons or anything like that"
    then i sort it by "date modified" and copy the latest .sav file.

it should work. if that doesnt try a different type of save file other than flash (128k) just use the same type on both, your pc and android phone.

lemme know if this helped
  7. Silvermoon1k

Silvermoon1k New Member

What if you're trying to convert a 32K battery save file??? Is there any way to do that? I've been asking around everywhere and no one's answering me at all =( I'm stuck with my mmbn6 save on gameboid at the crappy size of 32K =\ If only it was double the size then I wouldn't have any problems at all. Please someone answer me
  8. haxatax

haxatax ******

Gameboid is a carbon copy of VBA. It will work.
  9. Silvermoon1k

Silvermoon1k New Member

That doesn't tell me how though. I see no option on VBA Link for loading a battery save that's the size of 32K. I've already tried loading my Gameboid battery save with every single save file option that VBA has to offer me. Are there any other settings that I need to switch up? Is there a way to convert my 32K battery save to 64K or 128K? Or am I just not seeing something?
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  10. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

hmm, ok looks like its another case of sram being the wrong size where vba is concerned.

The save should definitely load in the emulator, but when you save with vba it'll need to be clipped back to 32K using a hex editor.

alright, reason for this is that to allow for games that are sram patched, the emulator was allowed to save 64K SRAM files, however this means all SRAM files are being saved at 64K, even whe nthey only need 32K of data.

looking at making up a utility to switch the save between 32 and 64k by patching in/out the extra data.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  11. Silvermoon1k

Silvermoon1k New Member

Should I email my Gameboid battery save to you? If not, what should I do if there is anything that I can do? I've been jealous of people playing mmbn6 online for too long =( lol