Gameshark codes in psx emulator

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by Wheelman_69, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Wheelman_69

Wheelman_69 New Member

i just got a fresh new dl of PEC and epsxe and everytime i check the cheatcodes boxes i then click on send cheats to plugin. and when im running the game the codes arent working at all. am i missing something important here? someone plz help me
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

You have selected PEC as your graphics plugin, haven't you?
  4. Wheelman_69

Wheelman_69 New Member

yes i have and it doesnt work
  5. Wheelman_69

Wheelman_69 New Member

ah crap .....my bad i didnt press OK when i selected it apparently. hey thanks for caring ;) anyways..
  6. Lucidtomr

Lucidtomr New Member

I got a question, well more of a problem. Thanx to you guys, Gran Turismo 1.0 is working on my computer, but when I attempt to you [Pec] the emulators crash. One other thing, I hear it supports GameShark Pro as well? so GameShark 2.0+, 3.0+ and Pro? I'm gonna try it again, hopefully it'll work this time (usually does, just not for Gran Turismo) No 32 Bit this time.
  7. Jens Duttke

Jens Duttke Master Programmer Emu Author

hi!

[pec] support all v2.2 codetypes and the most v2.41/v3 codetypes.
    Some codetypes, can't be supported, because the graphic plugin doesn't have access to some parts of the emulation.
    The supported codetypes are 80, 30, 10, 11, 20, 21, 50, D0, D1, D2, D3, E0, E1, E2, E3, C0, C1 and C2.

If the emulator crash you should select only the codes you really need. Don't select hundreds of codes at once.
    You could also disable the code-execution before you send the codes, and then execute the codes only once when you need them. For more informations about how to do that, read the Help File which is provided with [pec] (Hot Keys section).

Cu, JNS
    ---
    http://www.emucheater.com
    http://cyberpad.psxemu.com
    http://www.digitalcube.de
  8. REi_FoX

REi_FoX ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡ Fantasy ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡

maybe you havent configure it right..
  9. King Bahamut

King Bahamut New Member

The codes that I'm entering aren't working... I do have alot of codes activated and all but none of them seem to show up one bit. I did press "Okay" when I proceeded to load the codes for Tales of Destiny and got the codes from GSCCC or whatever but it still doesn't work! Gwah..what am I doing wrong?
  10. Lucidtomr

Lucidtomr New Member

OK, I've tried it numerous times. Pec won't work with any codes for GranTurismo 1.0. I've tried all types of codes. They work on my GameShark, just not on Pec. I wanted to make a Hybrid for Granturismo, but not even any codes will work. And for GranTurismo to work, I have to have specific settings & plugins. Pec was made to do what you can't normally do on a regualar PSX right? Ex. to make Hybrids, especially since GameShark doesn't make or offer GameShark Pro ver 3.0 -> 3.2. I don't understand why it doesn't work. Other games are fine.