Getting past a 'blow into the microphone' part without a microphone?

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Jackal912, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Jackal912

Jackal912 New Member

Now, I know that microphones have worked with no$gba for quite a while now (had to use em with phoenix wright) but, the thing is.. my microphone broke, recently. And now, with me ALMOST DONE.. so close to the end of Trauma Center : Under the Knife 2. I get a BLOW INTO THE MICROPHONE moment.

Now, I'm stuck.

Also, even if I went out and bought a mic, from my experiences with the damnable fingerprint powder in Phoenix Wright, I know that blowing until you pass out will do next to nothing, and putting the mic beside an industrial fan or a speaker playing music on max blast will make the powder blow extremely, pathetically slowly compared to how it should (at least it does it at all), taking a minute or two at the least.. (it doesn't pick it up clearly, I suppose) and in Trauma Center I need to clear the whole screen, very quickly, and very repeatedly. So even buying a mic wouldnt' work for this part.

The thing is, I remember hearing.. somewhere, that there's a method to make the music coming out of the game be fed back as the microphone input, and it'll get past most 'blow' sequences (Or it did for several people on phoenix wright) - anyone know what i'm talking about, and could tell me how to do it? Or.. if there's another possibility?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Najob

Najob New Member

Hmm blowing isn't really a problem it works for almost all the games I have played I don't know about Trauma Center 2 I haven't finished it yet but it should work.

Regards //Najob
  4. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Try to blow more gently. Sometimes, the 'industrial fan' method isn't registered as blowing. Had the problem with Zelda, don't know about Trauma Center, though.
  5. downloadpies

downloadpies New Member

Unresponsive mic? Maybe this helps..

[​IMG]
  6. Cyriel

Cyriel New Member

Um, i sorta found a solution for someone without a mic. Just worked out for me.

First however one i tried but didnt work but might still work. For some reason the stereo mix recording volume is way too low on my computer. You could enable it on the sound options and select recording device as the stereo mix. Anything played (like music or a video) should be recognized as input and work for the game. I tested the volume on the sound recording and it was about 1/10th of normal. So the game didnt pick it up.

Now what I did. You do need hardware sadly, but you might have it lying around. You need a male-male stereo cable (normal headphones plug type) and a cd player or mp3 player or w/e plays sounds with a headphones plug. Bridge the device and the line-in of your sound card with it. Set line in as your recording device and play the sound on the device and the game should pick it up.

Or if you have a stereo plug to RCA cable which is what i used. I connected my PS2 red and white to the converter (its just a small 1.5 inch plug thing) and that to the line in of my sound card. Fired up the game on my pc, and fired up DMC3 on the PS2 (I connected the yellow plug to the tv to see what i was doing). Couple hits into the first stage and i was already done in the game.

This was one of those blow into the mic things, nots ure how well it would work for recognition, but i bet it would work :p
  7. Jackal912

Jackal912 New Member

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
  8. gangs20003

gangs20003 New Member

so without hardware theres no game?i have just a pc and net connection!lots of money but limited resources in india!
  9. Xblade

Xblade Drowning in a red state.

Please refrain from admitting piracy in future post.
    Your tact is whack.
  10. Kaltzor

Kaltzor New Member

While it prolly isn't doable, but could it be possible that someone could create some "cheat" that would edit to games to think that your constantly blowing into the mic so you could get past those parts without having to go get a mic just to play on a DS emulator :|
  11. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

There is a "cheat" that does what you said. You should check the link in #24 of this FAQ thread here.
  12. MathFreak

MathFreak New Member

imlost said:
    Could you post the actual site name and the web address please?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  13. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

Nice 5 years old thread.... 2008 - 2013
  14. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist