Getting PCSX2 0.9.6 to work ...

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by stevesmed, Feb 24, 2010.

1. stevesmed

stevesmed New Member

if anyone could help me i'd be really grateful :)

basically i've followed the guide as best i can
    and i keep getting an error when try to load anything

'the specified bios was not found. a bios is required for pscx2 to run
    file not found
    filename: bios'

now if it's something simple then i'm gonna be well p***ed with myself
    'cus i've been browsing these forums for the last 30 mins

and all because i just wanna play ff12 on my pc
    *sigh*

anyway
    thanks in advance guys
    :D
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

4. stevesmed

stevesmed New Member

i don't mean to be derogatory mate
    but on the second line i said i'd gone through the guide as best as i can

just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same problems i have?
  5. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Then you should look more at the guide.
    Show Spoiler
    BIOS(Basic Input Output System)

In this drop down menu you will find your bios image, if you have one and have put it in the selected bios folder. Note that the only LEGAL way of obtaining a bios is dumping it from your OWN Playstation 2 console.DO NOT ask where to get the bios in the PCSX2 forum, because it's against the rules. That's because the ps2 BIOS is a copyrighted material of Sony and that makes its' distribution illegal, meaning we could get in trouble if it was found out that we were supplying people illegally with bios files. You can find out if your BIOS image is valid or not by checking if there is a percentage besides it in the BIOS drop down box of the main configuration screen. If it does, your BIOS image is NOT valid. Also if it does not even appear there even after you have selected your right bios directory, it is once again an invalid image.

Attention: It is recommended that you have all files for BIOS newer than the SCPH-10000.bin.You will probably be able to run the bios or games without having them but there may be a chance that these affect compatibility somehow. This includes rom1.bin,rom2.bin,erom.bin and a SCPH-XXXXX.nvm file where XXXXX is the version of your bios(eg SCPH-34004.nvm).This last file can be also created from PCSX2 after you configure your bios(set time zone, language etc) but it's better if you have this file directly ripped from your Playstation 2.Once more DO NOT ASK where to get these files, since they are part of BIOS too.

Here's a quick explanation about what these files do by auMatt:

auMatt Wrote:
    Basically the first jap ps2 had a single bios and the dvd player etc were installed on the memcard.
    The Ps2's after that first model had the Dvd Player software installed in a separate ROM (EROM) which is encrypted.
    The ROM1 is an additional part of the BIOS that contains some extra stuff like ID's for DVD Player version etc.
    ROM2 is the same really but I think only available in Chinese PS2's.
    Hope this helps.

A new Bios dumper is already available that can dump your PS2 Bios,ROM1,ROM2,EROM and NVM.Get it HERE

Note: For maximum compatibility it is recommended that you use a BIOS image different than SCPH10000.BIN which is the oldest one. That's because with this BIOS there are problems in memory card emulation and in other sections.

How to extract the bios files from your PS2: Visit PS2Dev and a thread HERE

It's really the best guide one could find for pcsx2.
  6. Reaper420

Reaper420 Got Weed?

What they are trying to say is you need to come up with a bios file. I reccomend getting your own, google how.

But there are other ways <_< >_> (Again google is your friend.)
  7. greasygringo

greasygringo New Member

Sorry mate. You have to download a bios from a ps2 that YOU own. If you need help with that let me know.