Good Luck, Bad Luck?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Raiden01, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raiden01

Raiden01 RaZoR (The Manic Cow!)

who here is superstitous. do you beleve that if you see 2 magpies together you will get good luck but if you see one you will get bad luck. if you see one on its own, what your superstitions. do you beleve in fate?. do you beleve in bad luc and good luc or is it just LIFE?.are all these superstitions made up to make life seem easer tell me what you think?.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Kid A

Kid A ~

Everything is coincidence. If you feel for a moment that God has looked you in the eyes, then you are wrong. If a black cat crosses your path, he might just have seen something interesting at the other side of the road. All coincidence.
  4. dn

dn New Member Contributors

Karma, anyone ? Karma is just basic binary - good things happen (1) and bad things happen (0). You may have a bit of good (1111) then a bit of bad (0000). Sometimes, it's (01010101) and then again, life sometimes is just plain 00111101001100001011 ;):D
  5. shinji^

shinji^ New Member

Well, I don't believe in such extra superstitous stuff, but I can't say I don't believe in Fate. I think everyone has a Fate, that has been written in the big book, when you where born^^ but i also believe that you can change your fate...
  6. Raiden01

i personally don't beleve in god becuase of all the bad thing that have happen in the world and such to me. i think god is there to give people faith in something and also to control people e.g. the ten comandents.
  7. shinji^

shinji^ New Member

Maybe there's no God, maybe there is; somehow, I think that in our life, we won't get the answer for "is there God, or not?". But, if someone lives by the 10 commandents, I think that's pretty enough. Even if there is no God watching us.
  8. Ryos

Ryos Bearsona Contributors

The only luck we have is what we create.
  9. Raiden01

Ryos: i like that comment very true i think we beleve we are getting bad luc so we take anything that day as bad luck. we make our self ready for it infact making it happen as micheal jackson said
    "stp exsistiing and start living"
  10. shinji^

shinji^ New Member

Well yeah, there is some truth, in what Ryos said. I can say I agree. If we really want to be lucky, and we don't think about bad things, and etc. we should have a "lucky" day (or at least not as bad day, as others)^^
  11. Rhombus

Rhombus The Moogle Assassin

Haha... We're taking spiritual advice from Michael Jackson now? Egad. I think we're in control of our lives for the most part, but sometimes things happen, either good or bad, that are out of our power. You just gotta learn to roll with the punches and play the hand you've been dealt.
  12. Decoy_Octopus

Decoy_Octopus Master of Disguise

**** happens, so live with it. thats my motto. bad stuff seems to happen to me no matter how hard i try to stop it from happening, so i accept whatever happens as fate.
  13. Kamina

Kamina Dance Monkey boy! Dance!

I've always believed that killing something on the endangered species list is good luck.
  14. Demigod

Demigod これはバタスです Moderator

I don't believe in such superstitious stuff, although I do believe in luck. I believe most superstitions are created by people's delusions. If you believe in something enough it'll happen. For example, if you really believe you're sick and worry about it a lot then you might actually get some kind of stress-related disease. Also, seeing a black cat may not give you bad luck but you'll be more alert to bad events and immediately attribute such events to the black cat. It doens't really make sense if you ask me. I do believe in luck though, and that some people are luckier than others. I for one feel like I'm the unluckiest person in the world and in important events something always screws up to ruin it, always. I don't believe in lucky charms or any of that stuff though, I just feel that some are luckier than others.
  15. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

Luck is what you make of life. Fate is what you decide.
  16. Raiden01

luck and fate umm... two diferent things. i don't beleve in fate as one neo said from the matrix "i don't like the idea that im not in control of my life" which is what fate is, i think Demigod is right in what he says you make your own good luc or bad. or both words are for when someone has life better than you or worse so hence the exspresion bad luc good luc.notice when you say bad luc and
    good luc you always compare it to someone else if we didn't then there wouldn't be bad luc and good luc. good luc and bad luc don't acturlly exsist. if they do i have tons of bad luc or is this becuase i don't beleve or i try not to. i personally alway propare my self for bad luc like one magpie i can't ignore the supersition so i put my self in it by beleving so what is the way.....
  17. friday_thirteen

friday_thirteen New Member

you guys are really sensible. I agree with dxn .nice to read all of your writing here!!!!
  18. Evil_Neko

Evil_Neko Okama Way!

you realize the last post in this was in 2002?
  19. Cid Highwind

Cid Highwind The Hunter

If you like to read old threads, check the first one: the rules ;)

Generally it's not a good thing to revive threads like these. The only exception that will be made on this rule is when you have the same question as what has been asked in that thread (which only applies to emulation related threads, not open or game discussion)

Anyway, enjoy your stay :)

Edit:
    OMGWTFBBQ!
    They are talking about fate, luck and religion in one thread and it hasn't been closed for flaming, I've never seen something like that happen since I've been here :p
  20. RF

RF <font color="#B3B3B3"><b>Canadian Spaceman</b></fo

Lets let this relic RIP? Please dont revive old threads friday_thirteen, check the last post date above the last poster's avatar before posting.

-Closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.