Graphics split apart on epsxe

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Knight09able, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Knight09able

Knight09able New Member

I'm having an problem with the bottom lower half of the walls in Fade to Black. This is either a problem with the emulator or the plugin. I'm using epsxe 2.0.5, and pete's opengl2 2.9 The internal x resolution is set to very high, and internal y resolution is set to ultra high. It seems like a texture render or accuracy problem. The original ps1 didn't have this. And this isn't because I'm standing on only certain areas of the room for the bottom lower half of the walls to split apart. The walls also look a little shaky on espxe, and on the original ps1 they are stable, and even.

Here are some comparison screenshots.

epsxe

Fade to Black picture 17.jpg

Original PS1 Console

Fade to Black picture 18.jpg

The bottom lower half of the walls are normal and even on the original ps1. And this isn't because it's in low resolution. On epsxe the very top parts of the walls are even, and normal, but not the lower half. If this truly was a resolution issue, the entire wall from very top to bottom should split apart on epsxe.

Is there a setting on pete's opengl2 tweak extension 2.3 that I can do to make the walls like the original console.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

only setting I know of is using software mode and original PSX resolution, if it happens in software mode then it is an EMU issue, if not then it's just the trade off of trying to get PC tech to render a foreign spec like PSX engines. the PSX did things so much differently that it is almost impossible in hardware to get 1 to 1 translation
  4. Knight09able

Knight09able New Member

I used the soft plugin, and it made no difference. Is there a patch that could fix this.
  5. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Nope, sorry but that's a resolution issue, here's a pic with software plugin and lowest settings, and that's still 2x original PSX res.
    PS1 uses 320x240 resolution with a shity composite or RGB signal making theses issues invisible, but there are there, like the famous shaky polygons.
    Plus then angle on that ss is set just right to align the vents.
    Or that SS could be from a PC version of the game.

Attached Files: