GTA V PC and x360ce compatibility

Discussion in 'x360ce' started by Salvex, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Salvex

Salvex New Member

Hello guys and first of all thanks for all the efforts put on provide us with this useful tool since so long time.

I've been using it to play GTA IV along with other games by hooking my Logitech G27 in order to play these wonderful games with it by emulating the xBox 360 controller.

Today I just registered myself on this forums so I can kindly request to take a look on GTA V PC version and see if there will be any chances to have an update on x360ce in order to finally use it with it too. If you need any .dll files from it to take a look I'd gladly provide these, although I don't really think is needed.

That's all, I hope my thread is not misplaced and thanks again for the tool and this space to discuss about.

Regards.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. zrazer

zrazer New Member

Are you sure you used the 64 bit dlls? (Just getting the obvious out of the way.)
  4. vengox

vengox New Member

I tried the older and newer 64bit 1.3dll's. The older one sorta kinda works but gives a few warning/incompatibility notifications before launching the game. The force feedback on the g27 is pretty bad and jerky. The deadzone is pretty significant around the center steering range even though I tweaked the setting a few times, seems to not do anything in regards to the deadzone.

The newest X360ce release with the 64bit 1.3 dll crashes the game instantly when launching.

I am new to this x360ce and think its a great tool. The idiots at rockstar didn't think that steering wheel controller support on a billion dollar game where most of the game is driving would be important.
  5. Stolen_X

Stolen_X New Member

Lovelocke, vengox and Talixx like this.
  6. Stolen_X

Stolen_X New Member

Btw,u dont need emu for GTA V u can calibrate ur gamepad in Gamepad settings @Gamepad Callibration@ This is only for any Direct Input gamepad.
    zrazer likes this.
  7. zrazer

zrazer New Member

That's great to hear. More games should do this.
    Any disadvantage to using this though? Besides the potential lack of rumble support and possibly triggers (but i dont have any triggers so... null and void).
  8. Talixx

Talixx New Member

9. vengox

vengox New Member

Good to hear this version works. Can't wait to try it when I get home
  10. RocketLLama

RocketLLama New Member

Has anyone gotten a racing wheel working for gta5? This is my first time using x360ce, so I can't tell if I'm just doing something stupid when trying to use it or if the wheel just isn't working. I've got a logitech driving force gt, and I've set all the controls up properly, followed every guide I could find on how to get it to work, tried every dll that x360ce can make, but gta5 just never detects a controller. I'm at work now, but I'm going to try the link Stolen_X posted when I get home, but I don't know if it's going to help. I can't even make it to the point vengox got to..."The older one sorta kinda works but gives a few warning/incompatibility notifications before launching the game"...I launch my game and nothing is different, and the controller doesn't work. I feel like I must have missed something in installation, but I've read and re-read the installation guides multiple times.

Can anyone give me some advice?
  11. StuffThings

StuffThings New Member

Hi, how do I use this for my thrustmaster warthog? I get a misconfigured device error then unhandled exception "attempted to read or write protected memory" error when I tried it in my GTA V folder.
  12. Salvex

Salvex New Member

I'd strongly suggest you to not try it. ;)
  13. vengox

vengox New Member

Try Stolen_X's first, I am going to try this too when i get home. otherwise the key here is using the old 64bit dll. I got mine to hook in the game as soon as I put in the 64bit 1.3 dll on the old version (2.1.2.191 exe and the x360ce_lib64_r848_VS2010 files, this has the 64bit 1.3dll in it). none of the other 64 or 32bit dlls seem to hook into the game without throwing a critical error where it give you a hard stop or not doing anything at all. I have a g27 steering wheel i am using it with.

When you are using the old 1.3 64bit dll, the exe utility doesn't show any of the controllers working (they are all in red). I believe this is acceptable. doesn't mean it wont work in the game because it worked for me after throwing the warnings when starting the game. Also, the x360ce doesn't seem to like the 64 bit dll's. Just make sure the config file settings are what you want and ignore the red. I also noticed I had to reboot a few times and even had to refresh my steam files because one became corrupted in the process after hacking at this for a few hours trying different things.

Last but not least, make sure you close out your x360ce exe before running the game. It may put a lock on your dll and/or the ini file
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  14. RocketLLama

RocketLLama New Member

Thanks vengox, that sounds great. I was getting worried because most people are complaining about errors on startup and I'm over here starting up perfectly like it isn't even trying to load the dll... Hopefully I can get it working when I get home. Fingers crossed.
  15. StuffThings

StuffThings New Member

Care to elaborate?
  16. Stolen_X

Stolen_X New Member

Glad to hear that.Enjoy :)
  17. Stolen_X

Stolen_X New Member

This was joke or sarcasm ?...
  18. Stolen_X

Stolen_X New Member

After callibration ur gamepad working like XBOX 360 pad.This is the same emulator , as well as x360ce,but ported officially with many configuration options.

P.S>Sry english is not my native lahguage.I am Ukrainian.
  19. RocketLLama

RocketLLama New Member

Why is that?
  20. 1Chriss1

1Chriss1 New Member

21. AYBFunkyMonkey

AYBFunkyMonkey New Member

I am trying to get my old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick to work for GTA 5. I can get green light and all the buttons mapped in x360ce.exe, and the controller functions normally in that window after setup. Moving the stick moves the left virtual xbox stick, etc. But when I replace the generated 32 bit DLL with a 64 bit one, the game crashes on launch.

I have tried the 64 bit xinput1_3.dll on the google code page (Version 3.4.0.848), as well as the 64 bit DLL in Stolen_X's link (Version 3.4.1.1062, where did you find this?), and the game crashes on launch when using either one. I can run the game normally without the DLL in the folder, or with the 32 bit DLL in the folder, but obviously this does not allow my joystick to work.

Here is the crash from Windows event log using Stolen_X's DLL:
    Faulting application name: GTAVLauncher.exe, version: 1.0.323.1, time stamp: 0x5527ed90
    Faulting module name: XINPUT1_3.dll, version: 3.4.1.1062, time stamp: 0x5481a5f4
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000006296
    Faulting process id: 0x1b88
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d077ca93adeed3
    Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\XINPUT1_3.dll
    Report Id: d361f9b8-e3bd-11e4-a9ce-005056c00008

Here is the crash report using the Google Code version:
    Faulting application name: GTAVLauncher.exe, version: 1.0.323.1, time stamp: 0x5527ed90
    Faulting module name: XINPUT1_3.dll, version: 3.4.0.848, time stamp: 0x52a5bf41
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000dd7d
    Faulting process id: 0x1698
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0771b87109116
    Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\XINPUT1_3.dll
    Report Id: c7d377e1-e30e-11e4-8e51-005056c00008