Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns no$gba crash fix

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by tangeeogals, Sep 21, 2011.

1. tangeeogals

tangeeogals Ooohhh...SHINY....

For anyone who wants to play HM:ToTT (WILL NOT PROVIDE LINKS) on no$gba but says "rom image has crashed", Set first -reset/startup entry point- to "GBA BIOS" on your settings. :) Still checkin it if this is a long term fix. If you are missing the firmware for the BIOS, you have to find it on your own;)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. tmoua

tmoua New Member

You forgot to mention that the actual game needs to be Encrypted first, if its still decrypted it wont work even if you put the settings onto "GBA BIOS(Nintendo logo)"
  4. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

No$Zoomer has an automatic encryption feature. Either that or use eNDryptS.
  5. Marth123

Marth123 Pasta!!!

Hi! Nice to meet you! :lol:
    I've been trying to play this game and I've done everything you'd said but still it doesn't play...
    I have the BIOS and the firmware and they work out well, but when I load the game it still says :"rom image has crashed".
    I even encrypted it but still doesn't work...
    what can I do? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe the emulation settups??

Thanks for all and nice to meet you once again! XD
  6. goodieblanker

goodieblanker New Member

TANGEEOGALS I THANK YOU! :thumb: :wub:

hey guys..what tangeeogals said really worked..although I'm also hoping that this solution is for the long run haha..anyway in order to change the no$gba settings to "GBA BIOS", one has to first open a different rom because if you try to change it while playing the HMTTOTT it would always say that the image crashes, making you unable to change the settings..So after opening a different rom, change the settings then quickly (I say quickly because the "GBA BIOS" setting in certain roms lead them to crash too!) open the HMTTOTT rom..it should show the GBA homepage, click the Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns Box. Save your settings and you can now play! enjoy! :lol:
  7. reessa442

reessa442 New Member

I did all that but now instead of saying rom image crashed it is just a grey screen and it doesn't do anything..
  8. Smilley

Give us something more to go on. What version of No$GBA are you using? Are you using No$Zoomer? If so, did you start the game without any EXs?
  9. reessa442

reessa442 New Member

No$GBA 2.6 and I have tried to use No$Zoomer but I got the same result.. I don't know what EXs are ?? And it says (Not Responding)
  10. Smilley

It's quite possible the game needs 2.6a. No$Zoomer's EX options only become relevant with 2.6a, too.
  11. reessa442

reessa442 New Member

Ok,, well I got 2.6a and it still isn't working. :S If I change it to BIOS then it doesn't respond and if I change it back then it says rom image crashed
  12. Phantomgray

Phantomgray New Member

I'm also having this problem. I wonder what the difference is between the working emulator and rom and ours?
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  13. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

No. Since downloading games from the internet is illegal and against the Rules here.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  14. Phantomgray

Phantomgray New Member

I wasn't looking for an objection, just a yes or no reply. Regardless, I understand the conditions of forum usage.

Anyhow, I would really appreciate some help with no$gba and the "rom image crash" error. Any more suggestions please? =)
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  15. goodieblanker

goodieblanker New Member

Well, the one I'm using is 5811..is that against the rules here? to mention the rom code? anyway..I'm already in year 2 of the game so perhaps this is the long fix.. I am using no$zoomer, the latest version, I didn't do any encryption or whatever, but I updated my bios and firmware, you have to look for that on your own. After that I just followed tangeeols instructions..as for the settings..[​IMG]

and that's about it..if it still wouldn't work,then I guess you're just not meant to play it in an emulator :T..haha other than that, good luck! :D
  16. hermyko1

hermyko1 New Member

I'm still having problems myself and i've done everything you said to do even down to getting no$zoomer (cause i already have no$gba 2.6a) what do i do. it keeps saying "This rom-image has crashed" and then closes my emulator (the sadder part is that after i did everything the emulator won't let me play ANY of my games that worked before T-T) PLEASE HELP!!!:???:
  17. goodieblanker

goodieblanker New Member

well you have to make sure that you have the latest bios from your DS for the no$zoomer

open the no$zoomer, and it would automatically let you choose your roms right? load any rom, and BEFORE the window that says "---crashed" POPS UP, you have to quickly and I mean QUICKLY click "options" (you can do so by pressing alt+o) that would stop the pop-up.

Change your settings to the same thing that I posted above and SAVE your settings, otherwise if the no$zoomer closes, it would revert back to the "---crash" state.

[​IMG]

if you did all that this would be the screen that would show up.

[​IMG]

click the one encircled in red with your mouse. enjoy the game :D

even if you choose to load other roms with these settings, it wouldn't crash anymore.

I can't be anymore specific than that. If it doesn't work, then emulator is not the way to go my friend.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  18. Smilley

@hermyko1: No$Zoomer is an upgrade specifically for No$GBA 2.6a. Read the sticky. If you want to run a ROM from BIOS, you have to either encrypt it or use No$Zoomer. And that's just one advantage it offers.
  19. Felix-Cat

Felix-Cat New Member

I stopped to see what was going on and read all the posts here. I got curious to know if Harvest Moon DS The Tale Of Two Towns would work for me as I have never played it before. I have No&gba 2.6a and No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 along with firmware and GBA BIOS. I found that my setting were already set for GBA BIOS [Nintendo logo]. So I opened No$Zoomer and selected my game and voila! it works perfectly :)
  20. magnasong

magnasong New Member

Helpful and what not

Okay. Your rom might be fine but you may need to *illegal advice removed*
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  21. psicomaniaco

psicomaniaco Eh??

Fixed that for you, coz.